More proof 308s are going up | Page 2 | FerrariChat

More proof 308s are going up

Discussion in '308/328' started by MS250, Oct 29, 2007.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    let's keep the chickens at swiss chalet.

2. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    ROLMAO !!!! Parable ??? Unknown comic ??? Your too funny !!

Here look at this link ...another 308 Vetroresina for sale...somewhat comparable to mine ;)

http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car/7036/index.html?no_cache=1&cHash=8464ffb08b

PS...Vette girls cant drive a glass carb car like this

http://www.leechvideo.com/video/view3160248.html

3. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    well, a new zo6 paid for in you name and not some leasing companys, or a ferrari(used) in good conditon for the same money?

4. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    Its nice to see 308s with high asking prices, makes me feel better because ill be one of them!

5. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I would buy the used fiat hands down but I do like new vettes, very very fast and well built, I hear they use loc-tite on the screws...

6. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    The proof isn't in the asking prices, the proof is only in the selling prices. We need to keep an eye on those.

7. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    the asking price is the beginning and at some point someone will pay up, low asking prices never leads to record breaking selling prices.

8. Rock

Rock Formula 3

Nov 9, 2003
    Toronto, Canada
    Full Name:
    Rocco
    Paul, you can't put a price on your car. If you trully add up all the hours and parts, it would have to sell for 150-200k in order for you to break even. I would keep it.
    the unknown comic

9. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    I do like the 308 and im happy with how its turning out but I want something different rather than 2 ferraris. Ill keep the boxer and restore the suspension and powertrain to make it show worthy. I agree I wont recoupe my time and thats fine, Ive enjoyed the journey.

10. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    what makes you think he can't ?

Please dont tell me you can buy a 360 for that money.....cause you can buy 20 of those at anytime of the day............for less :D

11. rtking

rtking Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bob King
    I might be wrong, but either those are wheels from a '80 - 82 308 or from a Mondial. The sizing on the tires is a 240/55-390 which is what came on the Mondial 8 and Mondial QV. I'm guessing someone took the original wheels off and put these on just to get the car rolling as I don't believe the TRX tires were available back in 1977.

12. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    correct, not TRX until 81 or there abouts.

13. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy

the market

14. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Yeah that car should have 205/70 VR 14s on it.... with XWXs. If you were gonna upgrade wheels and tire why not go to 16s"?

Hmmmm. how do we know this is a fiberglass car? Is it the lower A pilar joint that gives it away? I've only seen a few so I can't be 100%. I thought the telltale sign was a seam at the top of the A pilar not the bottom. I also thought only the '76 cars and maybe a handful of 77 cars were glass. Serial number is almost meaningless cause as we know Ferrari never really followed a sequence to the letter of the law. I also noticed the dash looks as though its been recovered in leather. I like it.... but it's not correct. At the very least they could have recovered the armrests too.

15. b27

b27 F1 World Champ

Oct 11, 2007
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Brett
  16. Hans

Hans F1 Veteran

Feb 17, 2006
    Hilversum, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Hans Teijgeler
    Really, the going price for a half-decent 308 is around 30,000 euro here, or $42,000 if you will. Nice ones fetch around 5000 more.

Here's another Vetroresina, priced at 45,000 euro ($ 63K).

http://217.114.99.235/NEW/klant/autopagina.php?id=ac0093&auto_id=136826&page=1

Looks a lot nicer than the one that started this thread, if you ask me...

Come to think of it.... I've seen this car in real life. It looks just stunning....

Hans

17. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    oh yeah , i forgot............you are the resident expert on how 6B people in the world view 308s.

Im sorry, your correct (What was i thinking) :D

PS....Just because you wouldnt spend 150 for a restored 308, doesnt mean the whole world wouldnt.....

and here is a link for restored muscle cars that are fetching over the 150k mark, which BTW i would never spend, but hey, thats what makes the world go round.

http://www.legendarymotorcar.com/

18. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Show me all the 308's that sold for $150,000 US and we will believe you. Seems easy enough. No shoulda coulda woulda examples either, just a nice long stack of 308's that are trading for the numbers that you claim.

We're waiting...

19. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman
    We are on the verge of such an event, Im not aware of every 308 that has changed hands globally (neither is ric) so I cant say what the most expensive 308 traded hands for. Ill be selling mine and I have no idea what its worth but I may not be able to disclose this information out of respect for the buyer.

20. Newman

Newman F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2001
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Newman

thats about $120K cdn right?

21. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I have shown you 2 cars albeit glass, plus myself which are touching 6 figures my friend, and non of the 3 i have illustrated have been restored.

I would think, that as the restore time comes for these cars, which are soon....you should see these numbers. Muscles cars fetching these 150K numbers was to illustrate an example...unfortunately alot of them were pre 76 , which does not touch the 308 era as yet...but its close.
    This is the argument i am saying....this whole show me ebay ...blah, blah blah....308s wont be 100k, 150K cars...by you is getting alittle old;).

So, i have showed you unrestored 308s already in upward of 75K US...do the math..150 is around the corner. :D:D:D

PS...not everyone wants a 90,000miles 308 for 35 grand, even though 90% are in that shape.

22. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    If they have been selling for these numbers, it would be no secret. Otherwise it is just another UFO, Bigfoot urban myth wannabe

23. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    "around the corner"? Like I said, you can't produce the 308 for 150K except in your dreams. Even you admit it hasn't happened. Thank you.

Check back when you can cough one up.

24. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    thats right i forgot again, your the resident expert and have a handle on every single 308 thats has changed hands.

Whats the lottery numbers for this weekend ? Please :D:D:D:D

Are you thinking out loud Tommy ? People are not gonna advertise what they spend, its like the urban myth of what the 599 and 430 Sud are sellling for over retail...i hear 100K, 75K....150K over list.....how can someone measure everyone that happens.

My point, and th epoint of this thread is to continue to show you the 308s are going up...even if its the glass car breaking 100K...the rest will follow suit. :D

I guess i need to ask the question another way then without you getting your panties all twisted.....are 308s gonna be restored ? If so, how much will it cost ?

Hows that for a question then Tommy ?

Which goes back too......whats a fully restored 308 worth ?

25. Irishman

Irishman F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2005
    Raleigh
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Hey, don't be dissin' Sasquatch :).

I think I agree with Dr. Tommy. Just because some cars are changing hands privately at large figures between those filthy with dough (and probably filthy without it :) ) doesn't mean trend. I believe *truly* great cars are very likely to change hands at high prices with no one in the know.

It's not showing up in FML.
    It's not showing up in CollectorCarTrader.
    It's not showing up in Hemmings.
    It's not showing up in the notorious auctions.
    It's not showing up in FerrariAds.

We may be near, though, who knows? :)

Seamus