MSO Build project | FerrariChat

MSO Build project

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by Argo8, May 15, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Argo8

Argo8 Rookie

Aug 14, 2015
    SPAIN
    Hello everyone, I would like to open this post with the idea to show the progress in my car both in maintenance and the different mods that I will be doing. If this serves as something to someone, I will be more than satisfied. after 6 months of ownership and 5k miles traveled. by living in a country without an authorized mclaren dealer, my doubts and fears about how to maintain the car and its technology from NASA.
    [​IMG]
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    they made me doubt about their possible purchase, during the first months with a lot of fear and ignorance little by little I began to use the car. I want to share all the discoveries by having this alien on the operating table to dissect it as that visitor of the fallen space in Roswell, New Mexico. thanks to the workshop manual in pdf as if from an ancient papyrus to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics greatly facilitated maintenance work and some basic posts to make minor oil changes and maintenance
    luckily, to get the spare parts, there is a dealer in another country, but that very kindly supplies me with the spare parts I need. Of course if you consider buying this car, ebay is your friend. The search tasks must be constant, maybe who knows and we have fortune and we find something interesting
    the car had a minor maintenance job but I needed urgent attention, the brake discs (4) were ready to be retired, also a change of pills. I was lucky to get a complete new rear set for ebay, and the dealer supplied me with the forwards.
    [​IMG]
    it is really amazing the rigidity of the carbon chassis of this car with just two wheels and a single front support on the elevator it stays perfectly in the air

the wear of the tires of irregular shape, betrayed a bad alignment of the car a new pirelli pzero and perfectly aligned car.

new carbon side mirrors I found on ebay for a good price

for this project I have the help of a friend who has the super power of molding carbon fiber with his hands, an authentic artist with whom I can almost make carbon fiber any piece that comes to mind
    my love and taste for carbon would be making a small mod

the carbon fiber floor with the MSO logo was manufactured

I never liked the red mclaren emblem of the first cars the blur of the emblem I think it was a mistake and completely out of tune with the car

was replaced by the carbon version
    another very improvable part are the small paddle to change gear my friend made a new paddle based on the size of the MSO version, in carbon fiber