MTV: My Super Sweet Sixteen | Page 3 | FerrariChat

MTV: My Super Sweet Sixteen

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Cicada, Jul 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    Same. At the time it seems too harsh, but in retrospect..

2. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    If someone is born into money and is part of the lucky sperm club, fine, but they can still learn the ropes, work their ass off and prove themselves. Or you can be like Trump and be a media whore, bankrupt some companies, etc.

Hmmm, there must be some successful lucky sperm club members? Is there anyone with a better memory that can enlighten us?

3. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I'd consider Trump a member of the lucky sperm club. His parents weren't billionaires, but his dad did well for himself as a developer before Donald came on the scene. Donald has kicked it up several notches (depending on your perspective) on his own, so I'd put him in the group of successful lucky sperm club members.

4. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Bill Gates has to be the #1 successful lucky sperm club member. His family was loaded before he was born, then he came along and redefined the word loaded!

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    I thought things were going really well at that point, too...

6. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LMAO...!!!

Time out was the time in between beatings... :)

7. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Oh yah, how could I forget about him, dang. I have no problem with use relatives, friends, etc. to help you out, which I believe his Dad did with regards to getting meetings at IBM.

At least he was active, proved himself and was a great leader.

8. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    How much of it is true ? How much is sponsored by MTV ?

I watched it only once ,bue the girl was getting a BMW 7er ( haha @ 16 yo ..) and the mom was driving a Nissan SUV ?? WTF ?

9. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004

Not sure on who Sam Johnson is. But what are the chances of kids running out of millions of dollars when the parents die?

10. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Bill's meetings with IBM were really a gift (unintentional) from another guy that IBM first approached to supply an operating system for their new computer. The guy blew off his meeting with IBM and the door opened for Gates. I read about it in his biography, but I can't remember how Bill got his contacts with IBM. You could be right, it may have been some connection with Bill's father. I can't remember the details anymore.

11. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Depends on how many millions and what kind of lifestyle you're living. If a kid inherits $10m and is used to having hired help in a lavish home, frequent travel, expensive toys etc. that money would be gone in very short order. If the same kid inherits $100m he's probably going to be fine.

12. LetsJet

LetsJet F1 Veteran
    Owner

May 24, 2004
    DC/LA/Paris/Haleiwa
    Full Name:
    Mr.
    I think it was a connection of his mothers........

13. Buffarino

Buffarino Guest

Ever hear of a little company called Johnson & Johnson? ;)

14. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    I figured that was it, but I didn't realize the heirs were doing bad (and Johnson & Johnson). Doesn't one of the heirs own the NY Jets?

15. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Go right ahead, Prinabcess, enjoy the buildup of your featured Sweet 16er's excitement, greed and melodrama...

'cause unbeknownst to you, with as little fanfare as possible, you'll be shot with an M-16.

THAT would be a Sweet 16

16. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Actually it's SC Johnson. Makers of Pledge, Raid, etc, etc. Sam was worth $7.4 billion when he died. Now the kids are crapping away the bus, they won't go broke anytime soon but the companies are going down. Oh well, one of the kids pays $38K/month in child support and owns an orange lambo, the world is his.

17. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    The world is his oyster, for sure.

18. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Doesn't Johnson & Johnson have a stipulation that none of the family members can actually work for the company? I thought I remembered seeing this in the HBO documentary film about rich kids that the Johnson kid made.

19. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    How was that? i actually saw that guy on TV once, talking about his projects.

20. Buffarino

Buffarino Guest

It wasn't bad. I know he lost some friends after making it when they saw how bad they looked on film. Basically, it showed the worst side of materialism and conspicuous consumption that some of these kids had. One of his former friends sued him, trying to stop production of the film, after he had consented to being in it. He (obviously) lost and the film was shown.

21. 8 SNAKE

8 SNAKE F1 Veteran

Jan 5, 2006
    Springfield, MO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I thought it was interesting to watch. I actually felt sorry for most of the kids in the film. They seemed to have a lot of problems. One hated his dad because his dad was never around or paid much attention to him. One was constantly worried about not pissing off his family because he could lose some of his inheritance. Some liked to toss around the family wealth and power, which I found sort of funny because none of these kids have done anything of signifigance themselves. I thought Johnson's dad was completely out of touch with reality. Since the Johnson family can't work for the company, his dad told him that he needed to find something worthwhile to do with his life. He advised some hobbies for his son to take up. I think that's how Johnson came up with the idea for the film in the first place.

22. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

This show and the people on it is one of the reasons I think we're overdue for sweeping plague and/or global nuclear war. And people wonder why everyone else in the world wants us dead...

RMX

23. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Funny thing, people like the Arabs are just as "lavish".

24. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    How big of a stake do the heirs have? It's been a couple of generations, correct?

25. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    $456,000 a year in child support? I don't follow SC Johnson, since it is private, but the businesses are floundering?