MTV: My Super Sweet Sixteen | Page 4 | FerrariChat

MTV: My Super Sweet Sixteen

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Cicada, Jul 25, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
  2. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Lavish or not, it's the outward, shameless public spectacle that makes the difference. Does Arab TV broadcast anything similar? Doubtful.

Face it, most of the country is shallow. The difference is we happily broadcast our shallowness around the rest of the globe 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

RMX

3. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004

Agree with you. I thought it you were talking about the actual spending/lifestyles of the wealthy (which I don't have a problem with at all, but it's about the way you present it).

4. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I don't think it was actually a stipulation per se, however, it is frowned upon by their family. I believe it was the founder who wouldn't let his son or something work for the company as he believed family and business do not mix well (and most of the time, is right).

It's an interesting film, and called Born Rich. The most normal, down to earth person (and I think the only one), is Ivanka Trump. Best quote from the movie was from her..

"I remember once my father an I was walking down fifth avenue, and there was a homeless person sitting outside of Trump Tower. I was probably 9 or 10, and I remember my father pointing to him and saying 'You know, that guy has 8 billion dollars more than me,' because he was in such extreme debt at that point."

5. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    she's pretty hot. :p

6. hdpt00

hdpt00 F1 Rookie

Jul 15, 2005
    Earth
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Correction: She was pretty hot.

7. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    SC is still okay right now, the other Johnson family companies are doing poorly. Johnson Diversey recently took out a $10mil emergency loan, the merger w/Diversey didn't go well at all due to cultural differences. Johnson Chemical is being sold, things aren't looking good at all, morale at SC (alway's used to be high) is in the crapper.

8. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    They used to or still do have a beautiful HQ building designed by frank lloyd wright. Worth a web search.

exactly

9. b-mak

b-mak F1 Veteran

And Hib Johnson had an amazing home done by Wright, as well.

10. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    So, I take it the company is not worth the $7.2 billion or whatever it was at the time of Sam's death?

11. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Yep. I remember both of those episodes. One of the girls said the CS was "OK." Now, that mad me mad. They don't appreciate anything they have, and then they wine when they're parents don't spend at least $100,000 on their parties or they don't get a brand-new BMW that they don't know how to drive. They also say " OMG, I look SO hot in the dress!(when they really don't). They also fly to Paris to get their dress sometimes. I get pissed off every time I watch the show.

12. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    haha...and they dont even buy a dress sometimes.

13. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004

I saw the CS one. I believe the dad was a strip club owner.

14. Cicada

Cicada Formula 3

May 22, 2005
    Indian Wells, CA
    Full Name:
    Bryan
    that is such a waste. if i was rich and stupid enough to fly to europe to go dress shopping, i'd smack my kid if they didn't find something they liked.

15. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM
    Woody Johnson owns the NY Jets.

16. futureowner

futureowner Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Brookfield, WI
    Full Name:
    Thad
    Not sure what the company is worth, the former owner was worth $7.4 billion.

The Frank Lloyd Wright building is nice, my mom used to work in there, I know drive by it almost every single day. The Johnson's had a lot of things designed by Wright, they're big fans.

17. CreativeS

CreativeS Formula Junior

Jan 3, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andre
    that show makes me sick.

18. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    A kid from my area had a party. He was the idiot that yelled out of the Maybach , "I'm riding in a $400,000 car!" If I ever got like that, I would want my parents to beat me with a belt buckle.

19. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    I went to pre-school with one of the girls from La Jolla that had one.

I have auctually met the kid from my area that had one. He was laughed out of his school and still has absouletly no friends. Karma is a *****.

20. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Haha...I saw that eposide. The dad was more obessed about the party than the kid. I was starting to think the dad couldn't afford the Maybach to own?

Casey Johnson, is a the famous heir to the Johnson & Johnson fortune. She's a *****ier, more stuck-up Paris Hilton. http://www.forbes.com/2006/07/27/billionaire-heiresses-hilton_cz_lk_cv_0727heiresses.html?partner=msn

Anyone ever watch that one show, the Gastineau Girls. I watch one eposide, and it was the most pathetic parent I've ever seen. I take it they she ran out of $ (was Mark Gastineau even that wealthy-he left the NFL before the big $ starting rolling to players?)?

21. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    Was that the Arabian girls are the 3 twins one?

22. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004

No...

I got to thinking, is it parents can't seem to give the kids real love, so they have to buy it? I always wonder what promotes this. How do you raise kids to be productive and have a sense of self-pride and be able to live on their own, if you live a multi-million dollar estate and live nicely?

23. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    honestly, some of these kids don't even have to think, they do what they want. I have some friends not going to college because they just have to wait to tap their trust funds. That is such a boring life.

24. Ferrariman355

Ferrariman355 F1 Rookie

Jul 11, 2004
    NYC
    Haha...my step brother and sister in Dallas. They live off of my dad up their and i work for everything down here, I can easily go off and live a life like that, but I just dont want to, I regret it then i dont.

25. shredder66

shredder66 Formula Junior

Apr 27, 2006
    Melbourne/Singapore
    That television show makes me absolutely sick, i simply cannot stand how superficial and materialistic these kids are, and how they just see nothing wrong with making their parents spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on a party.
    You know, i'd bet at least 50% of all the people who get invited to each party don't actually give a **** about the person organising it and only go to take advantage of the unlimited drinks and for their other friends who might be going.
    I remember in the episode where the kid was chauffered around in a RR Phantom, at the end of the show he said 'I will personally give you a Phantom if you can top my party". Its just a disgrace that the mentality of these kids has reached a stage where they are only organising these huge parties to out-do each other