My first experience with a road rager | Page 2 | FerrariChat

My first experience with a road rager

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ryalex, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

2. docdavid

docdavid Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2004
    Toronto/K-W
    Full Name:
    Mike D
    Yah gotta do what yah gotta do

3. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I HATE when people do this. Some morons think they are doing toe workd a favor by going 55mph in the left lane when there are 2 open lanes to the right. The fact is they are creating a dangerous situation by causing people to pass on the right (which is illegal because it is...DANGEROUS!). I wil lalways drive in the furthest lane to the right if its moving. I only move over to pass, then i go right back. If, for some reason i am in the middle lane and a car is moving up on me, i iwll let them by. If i am in the left lane passing a line of cars, i will move over and let a faster car by also. When i approch a car that is going slowly in the left lane, i will hit my left signal, but of course no one knows wtf that means anymore, so i'll flash the brights twice, which works sometimes.
    Oh, and i will also brake check someone if they are on my ass.

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Um, am i the only one who read this part...?

Ryan, what does this have to do with anything...? How is it pertinent...? Would it be different if he was white...? Or Black...? Or Asian...? Maybe i missed something, please let me know...

5. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
    Come on Carbon! Everyone knows that Hispanics have the most road rage!

Just kidding everyone!!!!!

6. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    NNODESCARBON, you're being politically correct in a naieve way. Would you have reason to worry if the people in the car were 3 or 4 little old gray haired ladies? Or perhaps 4 guys wearing suits and ties? Or a guy with his wife and 2 young kids in the back seat? Statistics will show that "little old gray haired ladies" and "guys wearing suits and ties" and "guys with wives and young children" do NOT usually pull firearms out from under the seat and start blasting away at some guy that they've had words with on the highway.

On the other hand, just ask any cop how many young gang members have pulled out a gun and started firing at somebody in an argument? It's only happened how many times? Maybe several hundred thousand times in the past 10 years or so? And how many "little old gray haired ladies" have pulled out a gun and shot at some guy that cut them off?

The politically correct person will not live long in the urban jungle.
    Live, learn, or die.

7. AJS328

AJS328 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Apr 23, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Augustine Staino
  8. Mike328

Mike328 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 19, 2002
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I was once rear-ended at a toolbooth by two chicks in a rental. We pulled over for a second, but the sped off. I found a cop at a rest stop, after getting their plate number, and he started filling out paperwork. He implied they were going to get into a lot of trouble--that it was a rental car and traceable, etc.

Never found out what happened to them, probably ruined their day though if they ever got caught. I was never called or anything, my guess is it just slipped under the radar.

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    It's not a racist thing. I wasn't trying to be derogatory, like you could expect such behavior *because* they're Hispanic.

For one, like LAFun brought up, it was very strange to happen across Latinos in the city I was in. It would be like you having a run-in with some Australian Aboriginals there in Jersey.

It was also odd because (unlike Wax) I've never had a Hispanic act aggressively with me, even though I spent a couple of years working solely in Spanish with the immigrant community in Seattle. All day, everyday. And I met and talked with some rough dudes in some uncomfortable surrounds (like one time this gang-leader type dude with his posse were trying to shock by going on about how he'd kill someone for a few $k... among many other crazy experiences - but nothing threating).

I guess you could say I "didn't know they had it in them" to be that way, culturally. Especially Canadian immigrant ones! Going with cultural balances (whether by "stereotype" or by academic analysis like Hofstede) you'd think Canadian-Hispanics would be rather passive and 'laid back.' It was just disappointing personally.

Also thought mentioning the girl was pertinent, because I was shocked that someone would behave that way with their girl/spouse/any lady in the car. I can imagine she was freaking out and/or very ticked.

And let's face it: I was in a WRX, and if they were Asian, they'd just want to race!

That I could handle!
    (this is just a joke :D)

10. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Macho en espanol is a joke - ask someone (not necessarily a blond) what the word for Macho is in Spanish. You'll find some dumb clucks out there. I'm sure you noted in my telling, Beaners are the equivalent of White Trash... doesn't mean all Mexicans are bad & doesn't mean all Caucasians are bad. Even Malcolm X figured that out.
    I related the balance of my misadventures just as I did with the Piggies clutching forks and knives, sitting to eat their bacon. I told it like it was then and now, nothing gratuitously tacked on for the sake of enhancing the truth. If kids learn something vital aside from creative use of words they already know today, it's to be aware of those who consider themselves Macho - Beaners, White Trash and Cops. You don't want to cut any them off in traffic, or even in conversation. They might get mad... and they're more than likely carrying a weapon to go along with that spiffy grudge, though some don't need no steeeenkeeng badges.

11. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i can't believe how disgustingly and blatantly racist this thread is...

Ryan, i have a better understanding of your post now, but still don't think it was pertinent/necessary to make a note of their ethnicity...

Wax, what exactly is a "beaner"...?

Arlie, that's about the dumbest, most closed-minded, racist, disgusting thing i think i've ever seen you type; i've known some very crazy elderly women in the past... and guys in suits...? c'mon - YOU'RE the one being naive... but that's not the point, we could sit here and argue about dangerous geriatrics or tailor-made murderers 'til we're blue in the face... The thing here is that you're a closed-minded racist bigot judgmental fool...

12. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

No, he's not.

But *you* do seem to have quite a bit of eminity for those that don't agree with you on this...And your last statement doesn't exactly dispay your open mindedness

13. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    When the Securites and Exchange Commission decides to investigate illegal stock market wheelings and dealings, do they hop in cop cars, cruise down to the high crime area of town, and start shaking down the 16 year old punks driving around in Toyotas and low riders down in the "hood"? Of course not. Because they are smart enough to know the profile of potential white collar criminals and they don't waste their time doing stupid things like interviewing 16 year old gang punks for information. Because they KNOW that these people don't commit those type of offenses. And when the LA cops or NYPD cops are investigating one of a hundred drive by shootings, do they burst into the board room of a Wall Street corporation and shake down the CEO and the board members? Of course not. Because once again, according to their past experience they know that it would be a waste of their time to investigate such people for offenses when their records indicate that such people statistically do not commit such offenses. A cop has to survive in a real world; not participate in idiotic politically correct experiments. For every Granny with a gun, you'll find 100 young gang punks packing a 9mm pistol ready to cap your a**. If you can't accept that fact, you better forget about being a cop and go back to reality school.

14. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

WAX,

Joke or not, the B word you used is not appropriate. I wouldn't want to be a father browsing these boards and have my 12 year old say "Dad, what is a beaner?" Maybe that is just me.

It is Robs board, I am not the police, just made an observation.

15. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I had a very close friend, named Henry Hinjosa, who went by 'Bea_er' as a nickname. His redheaded gf, Janet, was "Spunky", because she was!
    A native Texan, he was very proud of his heritage. That was 15 years ago.

Like the "n" word, it can be a powerful negative thing, and should be used with caution.

And FWIW they represent the most dangerous segment of the population here in Houston. Illegal by definition, crusing for trouble, late at night, armed and dangerous, killing and raping for kicks. OK? Any questions?
    Google "South Park Mexican", or maybe "Railroad Killer" and read it.
    They found the traces of a missing 12 year old girl in one vehicle.

Definately to be avoided in traffic, because they can't drive for shi_.

Speedy"HPD Anti-Gang Unit"308

I have some pet theories as to why this occurs, but will just say...it does.

16. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Eminity...? Did you mean amenity with a bit of sarcasm...? i'm confused...

My last statement was, in no way, an indication of my open-mindedness (or lack thereof since you don't think i have any); rather, my last statement just reiterated the obvious; Arlie's a bigot, plain and simple...

Arlie, your example was crap; totally different from what we're discussing here... Aside from some bad driving, no crime was commited in the situation Ryan depicted... You're way off on a tangent... Let's try to focus on the point...

17. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    #42 wax, Mar 11, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Beaner! da da da da da da Beaner!

Above are the the lyrics to "Beaner" from a fantabulous little film by a couple of comedians named Cheech and Chong.

Who do I reserve the term "Beaner" for? Beanie-wearing Cholos - the exact same ne'er-do-wells which Beanie-wearing Cholos verbally defined to me as "Beaner" back in the day. Back in the day = late 70's, early, early 80's. After riding around in low-riders the night before, I used to play American football on Sundays - I was the only white guy on the field with ne'er-do-well Beanie-wearing Cholos aka Beaners - week in, week out - playing the best football ever - as Led Zep's Physical Graffiti played on a very, very loud car stereo - usually Ricardo's. Each side of the 2-disc album was a Quarter of Football - huddles included. I'm the guy who turned these guys on to the album, just as they turned me on to War. I eventually had every album by War, just as I did with Led Zeppelin. They made the decision to have the album be our Football Game Clock. We played hard and partied hard. War was pre- and post- game music. They didn't aim or shoot at me with guns, but by their definition in that time and place, Beaners did.

Though you may not see it, the driver is, in fact, wearing a Beanie cap.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

18. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Always thought it referred to "Beaner = Bean Picker = you know"

19. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Writerguy

It has to do with the mexican diet as well.

WAX,

Regardless of the context you use it in, I just thought it was inappropriate. No hard feelings either way.

:)

20. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    DES, I notice that you had no comeback for Speedy308's comments. It would seem that he works for a Houston police anti-gang unit and verify's my comments. As for no crime being committed in Ryan's situation, ask any police officer why they would suspect guys like that. How do you know that they didn't just rob a bank or a convenience store and were driving crazy in order to make their getaway? THAT situation has only happened about a thousand times every year. Try watching that COPS show more often and you will learn how the criminal mind works. I'll let you engage in politically correct experiments. The next time that a car load of young gang types starts hassling you on the road or driving around you like a maniac, roll down your window and show them some love. As for me and Speedy308, we'll go in the opposite direction and live for another day.

And as for "no crime being committed", O.J. didn't commit any crimes either. So why not take O.J. for a relaxing drive through south central LA and show him some love too???!!!

21. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    NNO: To "have emnity" is harbor deep hatred. Kind of like animosity in its use.

I think under a broad definition of assault I could get that guy under a crime. After all, assault doesn't require touching, but just the threat (as I recall, could be wrong). Swinging an SUV at me I could probably get him for that and/or under a harassment civil suit... although the judgement wouldn't be good enough to be worth my time.

As a side note, my grandmother's nickname is Beaner (don't ask why, she's a little Italian lady!). That's what I've called her all my life, and that's what her daughter (my stepmom) and everyone else in the family calls her. Funny thing is is that I didn't know that was also used as a racial slur until I was 14 or so... my American wife had a hard time getting used to it :).

22. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    As long as we're discussing "alledged" racism, here's one of my favorite double standard "cakes" that is covered with politically correct "icing".

Re national origins:

People from Australia are refrerred to as "Aussies". It's done all the time. No problem at all. "Aussie" is a shortened form of the word Australia, which is a country, not a race of people.

People from Britain are referred to as "Brits". It's done all the time. No problem at all. "Brit" is a shortened form of the word Britain, which is the name of a country, not a race of people.

People from Denmark are referred to as "Danes". It's done all the time. No problem at all. "Dane" is a shortened form of the word Denmark, which is the name of a country, not a race of people.

People from Japan are referred to as "Japs". It's done all the time. No problem at all. "Japs" is a shortened form of the word Japan, which is the name of a country, not a race of people.

Of course in this politically correct, double standardized, liberal world, using the Japanese version of our examples would bring screaming cries of racism, bigotry, hatred, etc, etc. And of course, all those cries would be full of hogwash, because the word "Japs", as illustrated above, is just another shortened form of the word Japan, and not a racial term at all.

Don't you just love politically correct double standards?

23. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    No,....I don't...but have friends who do! ;)

It's all about being aware of your surroundings that's all.

I had to tell a lovely girl the other evening that I'D air her tires if necessary, becuase it was after dark in a bad location. Found she was from out of town.
    She was out of place and could have been in danger, IMO.
    Besides I had the Goodyear jacket!

We've just had so many heart rending cases here recently, it seems.

Housewives killed in their homes, doctors shot while fueling their cars, preteens diappearing, after dark it seems a war zone at times. It doesn't hurt to be EXTRA careful.

Back to road rage the solution is to let them go, or get to a public place as soon as possible where other people are present. If the clerk is behind bulletproof glass, that's a clue ;)

24. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    Man, you guys are so obsessed with not offending anybody, you failed to note that another one of our members acknowledged a deviant carnal act in public:" I was once rear-ended at a toolbooth by two chicks in a rental." I mean, if you aren't going to tolerate a little racism, why the hell are you willing to overlook perverts?

25. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    You are right! This is an outrage!