My first experience with a road rager | Page 3 | FerrariChat

My first experience with a road rager

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by ryalex, Mar 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Ryalex, i'm glad you and your siblings were not hurt in anyway here in our great country. But just so you know, here in Canada we do enjoy tourism bucks just like most countries. But that is not the reason why you got (or will get) great help when here in Canada. We are extremely friendly and good natured (but not that guy you ran into) and generally always always willing to help. It's in our blood and Canada has always been known for that kind nature.

As for Chicana's? Oh yeah, come to Toronto and you will find some really nice ones here!!! ;-)

Take care!

Vasco.R

2. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I know Vasco, I'm Canadian myself :D. I've just been in the states for the past 8 years - I was in Kingston to visit my father and 'his' family (divorced parents).

I'm actually stuck in Canada right now though working out a new visa, as I got stuck at the border on a technicality. Law school gave me the semester off. I'll be at the GoKart event in Brampton, hopefully we'll meet there (as announced in the Canada forum).

(Side note: this was my Post of the Devil... #666)

3. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Hey my cousin is graduating from Queens Uni this may, and our whole family is going to Kingston :eek:

4. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Speedy, in the world of the politically correct liberals, there are no "bad locations". That would be a racial sweeping generalization to even insinuate that some parts of town are "bad" and that you might be more prone to become a victim of crime in that part of town.

Strange how you never see any of those politically correct liberals taking a nice leisurely stroll through those parts of town after dark. Or any time for that matter. Wonder why?

5. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Never trust law professors or pundits who advocate lenient sentencing and criminal punishment who live in middle class or gated communities. This thought from "Lead Us into Temptation," a commentary book on marketing and US lifestyles by a witty FL professor.

6. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I think the reason it's not acceptable to call people from Japan "Japs" is because of the use of that term during WWII. It was used in a derogatory way to describe a whole people as "the enemy". Combined with the whole interment thing, it became associated as a hateful, negative descriptor.

Though I'm an enemy of political correctness as much as anyone, I think you to look a bit beyond pure linguistics on this one, and take some history into account.

nlh

7. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Not acceptable? Exactly WHO is the determinator of what is acceptable or not? I wasn't aware of an International Office of Acceptability that is responsible for determining that it is permissable to call an Australian citizen an "Aussie" but that it is deplorable to call a Japanese citizen a "Jap". Exactly when was this Office formed, and when did they make this ruling?
    Are the Australian, British, and Danish citizenry agreeable with this ruling that allows them to be referred to in an alledged derogatory manner, yet at the same time preventing Japanese citizens from receiving the same treatment? Sounds like discrimination to me. And a violation of the First Amendment Right to Freedom of Speech.

8. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Hey awesome! Not sure if im going karting but you never know. You take care.

*from fellow Canadian eh*

Vasco.R

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Wow! Can I live in that world, too? I had NO IDEA!

My work in Houston with abused children's charities and art car outreach is my solution.

Smiles come in every color of the world. You just have to share a dream with them. When it becomes their dream, that puts them on the right track!

Speedy"Sit in my car, try on my helment"308

I know there's lots of flash Ferrari Owner's in town, but none of them "feel the love" that I've seen, as a herd of kids turns as one on the playground, to see The World's Fastest Art Car. Your heart has to grow larger, to fit it all in.

Live for love, live for danger!

10. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    FWIW, as a live blues lover, some of my clubs are WAY downtown.

I leave my car out front, no worries.

11. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Had to take my driving written exam again for my 5 year renewal license and I got this question wrong, which ticked me off.

Q: Driving in the "fast lane" at the speed limit (65 out here)...
    A: Can not result in a speeding ticket
    A: Causes other drivers to get angry
    A: (fake answer)
    A: (fake answer)

The correct answer was #2... angers other drivers! I picked #1...

Sunny

12. mwarrior

mwarrior Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2004
    Ontario and Texas
    Full Name:
    Gagan P
    Vasco: Chicanas... toronto...? Hmm, maybe I need a better car ;)
    Ryan: Law school... You wouldnt happen to be in the GTAMC as well would you?

And if theres a karting night in April you can see me there :)
    Gagan

13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    So Ryan, any further encounters?

14. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander

LOL... nope.

15. rammsteinmatt

rammsteinmatt Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2005
    Glendora, CA
    Full Name:
    Matthew Shinavar
    road rage in LA?

my solution seems to work pretty well. [incident begines to snowball] step on gas, RPMs rapidly climb [1-2 seconds go by] turbo spools, and they get left behind with the last thought: "what was that whisling sound?"

is it safe? probably not. but does it solve the problem? generally

when your car has a 5 second 0-60 sprint, most problems are 75% throttle away from being solved. id rather be though of as a ricer (i drive an evo) then have to deal with road rage BS