My Liteblox Battery Review: Dangerous and many problems.Now what to do? never have it anywhere near? | FerrariChat

My Liteblox Battery Review: Dangerous and many problems.Now what to do? never have it anywhere near?

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by XSpeed, Aug 13, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    Guys, I need a bit of advice.

I have a Ferrari California T and a Lambo.
    The cars have to sit in the garage for weeks and no power plug is available so I decided to get one of those high tech batteries which last longer. Braille wasn't available, so I bought liteblox thinking it is good technology and reliable.

And I haven't seen such sht products in a long while. Details below:

Before buying, I spoke with the owner of Liteblox. I gave all the car details and capacity needed. He assured me the batteries will work with my cars without any problems and that these batteries last more than one year when the kill switch is on (more on this later) and the battery has anti-theft protection. He told me they are a German engineering company and all components are high quality and well engineered etc etc. And I bought it.

I ordered the two batteries he recommended. Both of them full of issues. They replaced one and the replacement had other issues.

I'm talking about serious issues. You don't want to see this while driving in traffic. Yes, it happened. And yes, not a pleasant experience seeing battery get empty while the car is in motion in daily traffic.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

With that, the company liteblox litewerks whatever they are called, they were also extremely annoying and unprofessional. They tried to make it look like service shop did something wrong. After I confronted them and it was clear that wasn't the case, then they blamed the BMS of the car.

Probably they are always used to doing it to others, blaming the car. They didn't take into account that I had the issues not on a single car but both on the Ferrari and Lamborghini.

Then they sent another battery. Which had other issues. They said they have some bms thingy which also needs to be put with the new battery. When I asked why wasn't it provided when I ordered first time, they told me they didn't know it is needed.

I'll be honest. Based on all the issues I had, -not just the one I mentioned above, there were many- these guys did't give me any impression they know what they are doing. They are like testing and debugging on the live running 300k car saying oh let's try this, let's try that, changing parameters of the battery, and they're gonna fck up whole electronics of the car. Even when it looks working, I don't want to be the guinea pig of some fcked up startup while driving 200 kmh. The battery, the software, service, support, everything I touched there had serious problems in terms of quality.

Their owner is another annoying personality who blamed us all the time instead of accepting the defects. After none of the batteries worked properly, I told him I don't want his batteries and we sent them back. Then he got more nasty saying we permanently damaged one of the batteries etc etc. which is of course bs. I think he is doing it to avoid paying back the money he got.

So my experience trying their product was horrible. And I don't like the way these guys make business. This has cost me a lot of time and caused a lot of annoyance.

I don't really get into these situations so I don't know much what to do. Any recommendations how to deal with this?

2. vraa

vraa F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Mr. A
    Did you buy it on a credit card? Maybe get the credit card merchant involved?

3. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    I think i was stupid for me to trust them and wire them the money instead of paying with cc.

Same way I trusted to other things the owner of litewerks / liteblox said. Like the "kill switch" feature - it is one of the reasons I bought those batteries. If i'd be away for vacation, I could activate the kill switch and disconnect the battery and not worry about it draining he said.

He told me the battery can sit over one year when kill switch is activated. its documentation says similar: about 450 days.

Looks like another lie. My experience with the kill switch is that it is big BS.

At the time I activated the kill switch and left the car with the disconnected battery, it was at 84%

when I was back 17 days later, i found it at 28%. That's nowhere close to what he promised..

I'm lucky that I actually found it out before the battery drained and before the car was unstartable.

84% to 28% in 17 days, so I'd be surprised if it could do more than 5-6 weeks based on these numbers. Documentation also says if it gets less than 10%, you may not be able to start the car.

Lies and lies.

Sorry for the long posts. I'm just very frustrated with those guys.

4. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    What a bummer. Reading that, I think you should prepare to cut your losses. He will do and say anything to keep the payment.

Just curious. But why wasn't Braille available? You can have their AGM suff shipped to Europe if you order from their website, and the Euro distributor in Germany has the lithium batteries.

I would do as was,suggested to you back when you initially asked for advice about this, and get the AntiGravity batteries. Many run them and we have zero issues.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    You're right, I should have gone with Braille or AG. I think it is stupid of me that I'm mislead by the Liteblox website and my contact with them.

Honestly, I don't expect to be lied in the face when I'm talking to the CEO of an engineering company.

When I asked about antigravity, the CEO of Liteblox told me:

This is what he wrote. And the price of Antigravity was about half of Liteblox. I don't cut corners when buying stuff. Quality matters to me a lot. Again it was a misjudgement for me to think Liteblox has higher quality.

When buying the batteries, i didn't know or have any idea the sht I'm getting into. Lot of other things also happened, I'm just cutting the story short.

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  6. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Unfortunately, being a CEO or engineer is no guarantee for anything.

He is right about one thing, and that is the fact that the cells are from China, but that's where it ends, and he is full of it as far as slapping a label on.

I have a relative who is working for Bosch Automotive, who specializes in lithium battery technology, and I have had him take a look inside an AntiGravity battery. China manufactures both some of the worst, and some of the best cells. The cells in the AG battery was according to him, of top notch quality, and the whole internal system in the battery was both very clever as well as very neat put together. He did a bunch of measurements I'm not knowledgeable enough to understand, as well as a very close look at all the components, and he was very impressed.

Yes, they get cells from China, but they are quality proprietary cells. The R&D is done in-house in the US, and so is all the manufacturing of everything part from the cells.

Would be interesting to learn where Litebox get their cells from. I highly doubt they are German.

Look, don't ride yourself too hard. It's a new thing and a decent website. It's not a misjudgement everybody else would not have made. The website looks good and they talk a big game. By nature we want to trust people who claim to build a quality product, as it makes us feel taken care of. I could have been just as interested as you became, had I known about them prior to your story.

I hope you get some kind of refund, but chances look slim.

Upwards and onwards.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

of2worlds and NeuroBeaker like this.
  7. bramster

bramster Karting

Jun 22, 2004
    Amsterdam
    Sorry for bumping up an old topic but I bought a Liteblox battery without reading this topic and unfortunately it doens't work. We've been emailing for months without any solutions and now that I let them know I want to return it they go in full defence and don't want to help at all. I hope that bumping this topic saves people from making the same mistake I made and buying from them.

8. 1002C

1002C Rookie

Aug 25, 2023
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Thanks for posting about your experience!