My new hero | FerrariChat

My new hero

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by JSL, Feb 24, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    Visited a local distributor today and had an opportunity to meet the owner. Outside was his new ENZO! Black no less. But the greatest thing is that this is his DAILY DRIVER!!!! No kidding. His last car was a 360 Spider which was also his daily driver. Not only that, but he offered to take me for a ride. I almost felt like throwing a match on my 348 but then again...

I just thought it was pretty cool that a guy enjoys his car and has no problem with people sitting in it or touching it. He keep it parked right outside his front door where at least a thousand people a day go past it. Amazing and very cool. I will try to go by and take a picture to post. Didn't have my camera with me today.

And here I sit only bringing my car out on sunny days as if it is something special. Put things in perspective today.

2. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    It is something special. But you're right. It is nice to hear stories like yours and know that there are those out there that truly do enjoy their cars...even if it is an Enzo. Thanks for sharing.

3. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    All I can say is, it's typical of dealers. They'll sell it for the right price. After all selling and buyin cars is their business, even if it's an Enzo.

4. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    He isn't a dealer. He owns a large distribution company selling all kinds of construction materials. Electrical, plumbing stuff and the like.

5. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    That sounds great, did you get any pics of his car?

6. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Don't mean to speak for Scott, but

7. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    It's raining the next few days. I won't have time to go by but will next week. I just think it is great that someone actually drives his car. If I get a chance, I will post some pics next week.

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Scott, like Ghost said, it IS something special... It's your Ferrari... i'd give a teste for a 348 (i'd give 2 for an NNO:D)... But if this guy can drive his NNO everyday, why can't you drive your 348 everyday...?

Next time you see this guy, whoever he is, tell him he has a life-long fan in NY... Also, please try and get some pictures next time you're there... Black NNOs are the most beautiful cars in the world...

9. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

i always admire folks that drive real exotics on a regular basis...really live w/ them! i have never been able to do it...never more than a couple thousand per year. on this site we have a few that street drive some really special cars...jim glickenhaus is the best example. in a recent article in vintage motorsports (a great rag btw) a writer remembers a walk in central park when all of a sudden he hears the gates of hell crashing down. he looks to the noise/music to see of all things, jim driving his gt-40 mk IV...what a cool site that must have been. i need to take my medicine and drive like these folks...can't take them w/ you!!

10. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    I drive my TR daily and I just had it in the track this past weekend, and today I am driving it in the rain.

11. Ms. Enzo

Ms. Enzo Rookie

Feb 19, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Karen
    I totally agree, you can't take them with you when you die so you might as well ENJOY THEM!! I love to see when people actually DRIVE thier cars. That's what they are for, not to just look at!!! I have a customer who drives his black ENZO almost every day and just yesterday I was driving down Olympic Blvd. and I turn and see a silver CS and turns out it was my customer who just took delivery of his car last week. I love to see people out driving and enjoying them and not hiding them in their "collection". GET OUT THERE AND DRIVE!!

12. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
  13. tifosi69

tifosi69 Formula 3

Dec 23, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Al-Al Cool J
    That's pretty remarkable, but can you imagine the MAINTENANCE costs on that beast of a daily driver? I heard the carbon brake pads cost $10k to replace, $800 for an oil change !! I have a headache already!

14. Ms. Enzo

Ms. Enzo Rookie

Feb 19, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Karen

$4,000 for brake pads, not $10k
    Oil change $500
    If you got the $ for an Enzo, you got the $500 to change it's oil!

15. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan

Exactly Karen! It is all relative.

16. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Oops! Then he's a hero!!

17. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
  18. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    This fellow is exactly how I would be with aa Enzo, Id never be able to put it away and not drive it, even if I tried to it would be calling me back to it.

19. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    From Fresno??? I know the guy. Great family. Had an F50 as a Daily driver before this and an F40 before that. Very down to earth people. One of the nicest guys you could meet!!!!!!!!

20. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    Armen: You got it right. He spoke of you when we were talking about the Ferrari disease. Steve was really generous with his car and time. I know he has a big business to run but he took all the time in the world to just talk about cars. Told me about a friend of his in Newport. Must be you. Don't remember what we were talking about but I know it was complimentary.