My Story - 46567 | Page 13 | FerrariChat

My Story - 46567

Discussion in '365 GT4 2+2/400/412' started by OttoB, Mar 22, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. theunissenguido

theunissenguido Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2004
    Argent/Brasil
    Full Name:
    Guido
  2. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    Would it be that difficult to have these reproduced with CNC?

3. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
    From memory, there was a repro offered (on ebay?) A bit more shiny but stronger than the original.

Does it ring a bell to someone here?

4. Sestri

Sestri Rookie

Jan 3, 2014
    SF Bay Area
    Thank you OttoB for sharing your story here, I love all the detail in your posts. My 400 has a "hybrid" powertrain as well (the original engine was put into a P4 replica car). I was interested in using Image Wheels as well. How was your experience with them? I know you used spacers, so obviously the backspacing should be different, hopefully they have correct that. Keep up the good work!

5. raemin

raemin Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    Lyon (FR)
    Full Name:
    R. Emin
  6. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    What drew me to the wheels themselves was a picture I found somewhere many, many years ago with a blue 400 wearing them - which I posted in this thread when I opted for wheels larger than the minuscule (for my preference) 15 inchers that came from the factory. All too often, when individuals choose to change wheels on their cars, they go with the wrong wheel design (too modern), the wrong size (by many inches), and/or tires with a very small tire wall which again - based on perspective - lacks justifiable taste.

Image Wheels has many tasteful options, are completely custom made to order, and well built/manufactured. Mine are coming up to almost 10 years old and are looking fantastic after all this time! As to the spacers worn on my car, it is always better to go smaller (that can be made to fit) that too large, where they would become instant yard art. So, it certainly was nothing that Harry Nicklin at Image Wheels UK did wrong - and more on my end as to ensuring that fitment issues would not arise.

I highly recommend them - I think the wheels on my car define its aesthetics more than any other factor and, make the car be aggressive (as many Ferrari's are) but not overtly so.

PM directly if you want any more information on them and best of luck!

7. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    I know I cannot be the only one who: a) devalues their car by driving it; b) in the rain; c) because cars are meant to be used, enjoyed and can/should certainly get wet; but d) the more you use your car, the higher the chances something will happen to it, expected or otherwise.

I know I cannot the only one who: a) needs a good working, cold a/c in their car; b) whether one lives in Florida or not; c) has a dark colored vehicle or not; and/or d) whether its summertime or not.

So... whereas Michel is located in Dania Beach, a good hour (depending on traffic) each way from me in Palm Beach and my schedule only gets busier - if that is even possible - 46567 takes another scheduled pit stop to him via land ferry, in order to find the culprit of what has become a repeated problem with the car's electrics for any number of reasons. However, not having a working a/c or worse yet - one that works intermittently - does not allow me to drive the vehicle at all.

Michel has taken a few cracks at it, and I am posting pics of the not very appealing work. This last time at the shop just for the a/c appears to have been the definitive one and so far, so good. The dual a/c's in the car blow so cold now that even in the hot weather, the rear 3/4 windows fog up and for me, that is a really good problem to now have once again!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

GTR-Man and Ak Jim like this.
  8. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    Swung by yesterday for a worthwhile, charitable cause down the street from me to check out the Sculpture in Motion event at the Ann Norton Sculpture Gardens. Below is a pic with the Grand Marshal of the event, Donald Osborne and my son - after having run into him earlier this year at the Amelia Concours. He is ever so gracious, charismatic and a complete class act.

The event was not very big, but the quality of people and cars was outstanding... 46567 is still holding up remarkably well, despite being pressed for daily duty for over 8 months now, while my 500e gets redone by Michel and no complaints!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
  10. OttoB

OttoB Formula Junior

Aug 17, 2013
    Palm Beach, FL
    I haven't posted here in a while... but, the car does get driven regularly and even in the rain - which all cars are meant for!

Image Unavailable, Please Login

On another note, I purchased last year a pair of the air vent switches that are located next to the shifter - the ones that open/close them (or was it the cold/warm air?!?)... Doing this job is somewhat labor intensive and the ones in my car are original, which means that they have seen better years. The issue keeping me from having Michel do this job is already by now is that apparently, the other pair of switches - the ones for cold/warm air - are no longer available in stock and/or discontinued? Forgive me if I have the pairs confused - all I know is that all 4 on my car need replacing and I cannot source the missing pair!

Unsure if anyone ever sent Verell a set of the discontinued ones in order for him to replicate or not. But, I think I will order another set of the open/close ones that are available, and have Michel paint the respective markings, as the rest of the car's interior (and exterior) are holding up rather nicely and this is now an eye sore! Has anyone recently replaced both sets (all 4) of these on their car?

Image Unavailable, Please Login

kart, GTR-Man and erwin123 like this.
  11. kart

kart Karting

Aug 1, 2010
    California
    Full Name:
    Sean W
    Hi Otto! I sent you a PM :)