my white TR will soon be for sale | Page 3 | FerrariChat

my white TR will soon be for sale

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by Parnelli, Jul 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    *** SOLD *** ***SOLD*** ***SOLD*** !!!

The car was sold on Monday afternoon. The buyer (who is not a regular on this forum) arrived at my house at noon on Monday and offered to buy the car at my price within 15 minutes of seeing it.
    A bill of sale was written up and the money was wired to my bank account within two hours. Didn't even request a PPI (he had studied all of the service work receipts that I had sent to him). The transaction could NOT have been any easier. Which was the only way I was going to be selling it at that price anyway.
    I will let the buyer (who was ONLY looking for a white TR) decide to chose whether they want to introduce themselves on Fchat or not.

It's been a great journey! Many on this forum (which are of course TR biased :)) may not understand my decision. That is OK. Everybody has different variables in their lives. Those variables determine whether or not a particular item (house, type of car, easy access garage space....or not for a TR as in my case, boat, kids, etc) fit in a "balanced way" in to a persons life. My variables are different that yours. Yours are different than mine.

The whole thing cost me a bit over $13K ($5200 sales tax, $1800 shipping, $6K+ for Capristo, valance repair, front brake pads). It was the BEST $13K I've ever spent! I got the opportunity to actually own and drive the car that I had been dreaming about since college.
    (It obviously helps that I am fortunate to be in a financial position where $13K doesn't affect my balance sheet at all).

Could I have gotten more for the car? Of Course. But I'm not in the car business. I'm in the Wealth Management business. I simply don't have the time to be driving back to my house every day entertaining "tire-kickers" (who are going to constantly nit pick and PPI the car) in the hopes that I get a few more grand for the car. My time at the office is way more valuable.

Don't worry about me. I have plenty of other fun cars to drive:)

And finally, once again, I'd like to thank our buddy Natkingcolebasket69 for all of his advice and help on my Testarossa journey. I truly don't believe that there is anybody else on this forum that knows TR's (and the TR market) as well as he does. Debate him at your own peril. Or, more wisely, seek his advice instead :)

I'll continue to be on Fchat on a regular basis. But it is also time I get back to Rennlist and hang out with my Porsche 911 buddies.

Peace

-Parnelli

WJC, Modena_2003, technom3 and 11 others like this.
  2. Natkingcolebasket69

Natkingcolebasket69 F1 World Champ

Sad to know u have sold! Although I am passionate about the TR and knows them pretty well i am nothing next to shamile, Steve magnuson, turbo joe, (grumpy) riffle driver and countless of others;)

Im just a spreadsheet custodian of price that’s it lol

Hope u get another Ferrari though Parnelli! They are worth another try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

xplodee, daytona355, JoeTSI and 2 others like this.
  3. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian
    It's nice to see others are being recognized in your post!

xplodee, daytona355, JoeTSI and 3 others like this.
  4. Natkingcolebasket69

It’s true though; those guys have been longer than me on there, know more than me and so forth I’m
    Just trying to learn as much as I can through all the tr treads. I read them all and always learn something new! I’m amazed at the quality of DIY this forum has!

5. Skidkid

Skidkid F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2005
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    John Zornes
    Congratulations on the sale and a very wise choice on pricing/selling. The time and hassle you saved more than offset the amount you may have given up on the sale.

daytona355 and Parnelli like this.
  6. blkdiablo33

blkdiablo33 F1 Rookie

Jul 12, 2004
    congrats to seller and buyer,buyer got the deal of the year imo .

xplodee and daytona355 like this.
  7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    VERY well bought......indeed!

Honest seller too, and that makes it a win-win ...

If it's any consolation re-setting my broken nose after Ducati crash was $14K, and it looks suspiciously like my old one. That's exactly like Ferrari ownership! LOL!

It does work a lot better, than when crushed.

Parnelli and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  8. Natkingcolebasket69

We all know the buyer will flip the car in no time.

9. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    I don't believe that will be immediate the case in this situation, but I hope he makes a sh_t ton of money if he does !! :)

10. Testarossa Lover

Testarossa Lover F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 31, 2006
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Haig Barsamian

Parnelli and Natkingcolebasket69 like this.
  11. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    Parnelli....can you please just pretend to start shopping for your next TR? ...so you keep hanging around this forum? :) I get it a TR is not for everyone, so more power to you for selling yours...but it would suck for all of us if you stopped contributing- I, (we) would miss ya!!

Congratulations on your sale brother! At the end of the day, we all just want each other to be stoked on life...so do what you gotta do, 1000%- and Im happy for you that this all worked out how you wanted- and so smoothly.

Very curious whats next for you!:)

Perhaps an FF?....there has to be at least one guy in here that might be about to fire you up on them....anyone? ;)

Parnelli likes this.
  12. Parnelli

Parnelli Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 30, 2013
    Milwaukee, WI
    Full Name:
    Greg P
    West- Don’t worry dude, I’m not going anywhere :). !!
    I’m still the worlds biggest ‘Miami Vice’ fan and as a result the white testarossa will always be close to my heart.
    The torch has been handed to you my friend. I will need to live vicariously through you and the future pictures that you post :)

WestCoasta and Lieven Engelbeen like this.
  13. WestCoasta

WestCoasta Karting
    BANNED

May 18, 2016
    california
    Ok, right on! Time to step it up with more TR content for ya!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Parnelli likes this.