Mystery | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Mystery

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by tongascrew, Sep 24, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Hi, I was just about to bring up the question of this photo but see that the question is answered. thanks for posting. tongascrew

2. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Hi, this is exactly why I didn't post copies of these pictures in post #1. I always assume phictures like this belong to someone. just one man's opinion tongascrew

3. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    This is one of several Ghia Ferraries with little published info in Barchetta. Who has info on any of these including 0187? Please post even if it is just stories without verification. This often leads to more detailed provenance. just one man's opinion tongascrew

4. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Marcel, sorry about the typos, I wonder if you have more info on the history of this car. The Barchetts listing is limited to say the least. thanks tongascrew

5. Stefan Dierkes

Stefan Dierkes Karting

Mar 3, 2005
    Vaihingen, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stefan Dierkes
  6. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
  7. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    For the record, virtually every photo belongs to someone. Here in the Vintage forum, photos such as these are usually posted for the sake of research and historic discussion. (In the U.S., copyright laws provide for fair use of copyrighted material for the purpose of "scholarly research.") In addition, image size constraints will usually prevent someone from copying and then using the image commercially.

If the owner of a particular image has an issue with the use of that image on F-Chat, we do have a process that will result in removal of that image. More information can be found here: http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=39340

8. Stefan Dierkes

Stefan Dierkes Karting

Mar 3, 2005
    Vaihingen, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stefan Dierkes
    There are two hypothesis regarding the sequence of the fronts:
    1. Two-tone car was first; conversion to two tone car
    2. Dark car was first; conversion to two-tone car

Arguments:
    - The change could be induced by an accident (for both hypothesis 1 + 2)
    - Change induced by the dissatisfaction of the customer with the look of the two-tone car (1)
    - Sill alloy bar cut (1)
    - Longer sill alloy bar fitted (2)

My first impression when I updated the page was, that the change must have been done from worse to good (= hypothesis 1). But of course this has to be remain open until further evidence/arguments come up. I will correct the webpage accordingly.

Stefan

9. Stefan Dierkes

Stefan Dierkes Karting

Mar 3, 2005
    Vaihingen, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stefan Dierkes
    The copyright stamps on the back of the photos are from well-known Swiss Automobil Revue author Adriano Cimarosti. I will contact him for more information.

Stefan

10. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    A few years ago while looking for a Pantera business called Panteras by Wilkinson, and outside a paint shop about a half block away, when
    I came across a derelict car in a field that had two main frame tubes about 4" in diameter, and the rear of the roofline (it was only bodied from the back of the doors back to the missing bumpers) looked like that. I was told it was a Ferrari by Ghia. I went back a few weeks later and it was gone, maybe my interest in it caused whoever had it to put it back into hiding.

I also remember dickering with the owner of a Chevy powered Ghia bodied Ferrari
    up in Altadena or somewhere near Pasadena. He had converted it long ago
    and even driven it to Mexico and back. It was a dark turquoise blue. I made the mistake of taking a Dutch friend along to see it and when I went back to buy it a few months later I was informed he had come and bought it. This was all about 20 odd years ago.