Need help adjusting bonnet / hood on California T | FerrariChat

Need help adjusting bonnet / hood on California T

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Mafiaboy1975, Nov 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mafiaboy1975

Mafiaboy1975 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2019
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mick
    #1 Mafiaboy1975, Nov 2, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2019
    Hey guys. Anyone know how to adjust the rubber bump stops at the corner edges of the bonnet/ hood. I can screw the outer housing off but cannot figure out how to adjust it longer so the bonnet sits more level.

Ferrari call them vibration dampers on the parts diagram PART NUMBER: 67161800

Looks like the part in the pic

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. ToddMick

ToddMick Karting

Sep 30, 2019
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Todd M
    They must looks different from the Cali to the Cali T. Mine look like rubber corkscrews that you either twist clockwise or counterclockwise to lower/raise the bonnet position.

3. Mafiaboy1975

Mafiaboy1975 Formula Junior

Aug 10, 2019
    South Africa
    Full Name:
    Mick
    Ok figured it out. CLOCKWISE screw off the large round nut with rubber. Under it you will find the adjuster. Push the narrow threaded ring around the inner adjuster up this takes tension off 3 plastic pieces that put pressure on and grooved surface to hold the adjuster at the correct height, then with a pliers slowly giggle the bottom threaded piece ( foot) in a circular motion. You will now see and hear it click down in length.

Set the height, screw back on the larger nut and it will pull the threaded ring down and lock the height adjuster in place.

That’s it. Done.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ToddMick likes this.