need help removing '79 308GTS switch console | FerrariChat

need help removing '79 308GTS switch console

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by groovzilla, Mar 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. groovzilla

groovzilla Karting

Nov 28, 2003
    seattle, wa.
    Full Name:
    william
    can anyone quickly explain how to remove the switch console on my '79 308GTS...i want to work on and or replace the antenna switch..

thanks,

william

2. Wasco

Wasco Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Salem
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Have you removed the small screws that attach the console to the floor board, then the seat belt bolts on each side of console. Then the gear shift gate and I think the ashtray. Thats as far as I have gotten.

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    To remove just the switch console (not the entire console):

remove the ashtray's interior ash pan (should just lift out) and the two small screws underneath securing the ashtray frame to the floorboard
    (the front of the switch console then lifts up and you can move it forward slightly to release the rear -- the lever cables will restrict how far you can lift it up, but if IIRC I think it's enough to change the aerial switch).

4. pma1010

pma1010 F1 Rookie

Jul 21, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Philip
    And watch the wiring on the first switch (fan?), one tug too much and it gives out. I remember being creamed by ICP on this one 2x until I figured out (i) how to get it out without breaking the switch and (ii) the compatible part that is a tenth of the retail of the part ICP sells.
    Philip