Need Photoshop help with FCA logo... | FerrariChat

Need Photoshop help with FCA logo...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Feb 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I need a 600 dpi black & white version of this logo for some FCA concours trophies, but I have no idea how to do it. Please help out by giving me directions or doing the edit yourself.

Thanks!
    rob

2. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #2 Chiaro_Slag, Feb 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    #3 MikeZ_NJ, Feb 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    FYI, just do a select all, copy, then create a new image that's 600 dpi that is the same size and paste it in there. Then Image -> Mode -> Greyscale.

5. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    Maybe this person can help. He publishes the FCA News Bulletiin in Florida. His first name is David.
    [email protected]

6. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    rob - that's gonna look like sheeite when you print it. you need a better (larger or better-scanned) source image to scale to 600dpi for printing.

doody.

7. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    Lemme in.. I'm a professional :)

First off, to change the dpi (dots per inch for whoever asked) in Photoshop, just go to image/image size and change the 'resolution' setting. Second, Doody's right, it'll probably look like crap. Increasing the resolution won't make it look any better, since the computer can't make anything that's not already there.. it just inteprets what it has to work with. Crap in, crap out. If this is going to be printed on a trophy, and therefore only be an inch tall or so, you might be ok....but your best bet is to find a higher resolution image to begin with, or scan a picture of one at the resolution you need, or get someone to convert it to a vector format that can be printed 100 feet tall and still look good..

-R

8. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Yeah, you need to convert it to vector graphics format before you scale it up. Otherwise, the dots become increasingly bigger blocks until you end up with something that looks like it was made out of brickwork.

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Thank you very much everyone!

Yes, it's only for some very small trophies and will only be about an inch high. This will be perfect.

Thanks again.

10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Actually, the grey scale wouldn't even work for them, they needed black & white. They just did the photo work themselves. Here it is if anyone needs it in the future...

11. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    What's with the donut holes in the 'e' and the 'a' of 'Ferrari'?

I think I have that in vector form and can produce any size you want if you need it again in the future.

Brian

12. ForzaFerrari

ForzaFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 25, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Waldo
    Rob...
    can't you just ask FCA for the Illustrator file? Then you don't have to worry about dpi.
    Ow..and may I ask why 600 dpi. Most (almost every) print is made at 300 dpi, not 600 :confused:

ciao,

Waldo
    ForzaRossa.nl