New advertising rate to manage number of new sponsors? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New advertising rate to manage number of new sponsors?

Discussion in 'Report Bugs & Ask Questions' started by rob lay, Apr 11, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Martin Meade

Martin Meade Karting
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2004
    B'ham, WA
    Full Name:
    Martin Meade
    I'll chime in quick here.

Would there be some way of categorizing sponsors so their ads show up in only certain forums? If you are selling brakes for example ;-) the most important forums are tech, model specific, and racing. If you are selling watches or cars or timeshares or whatever, stick them only in the general discussion sections.

Most of the people discussing this are active participators in threads selling parts. We make up a great deal of your sponsorship but the majority of the new ones coming in are not active in the same threads.

Put the bed and breakfast ads (hah!) in different areas that don't dilute our parts sales. Run everyone in Off-Topic and only parts vendors in Tech etc. Am I all wet? Is this easy to do?

Why lose out on your revenue from these new guys? Take all you can, make as much money as possible, if you can be selective about where they pop up...

When you consider a 1/4 page ad in Forza is 4-500 bucks, and you don't get crap for sales out of that, is $360 really going to stop the influx of newbies?

Just a thought

Martin

2. Martin Meade

Martin Meade Karting
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2004
    B'ham, WA
    Full Name:
    Martin Meade
    I don't want my rate to go up. I have brakes for corvettes, Evos, Subarus, Mini, etc. If all the forums wanted to hike the rates, I'd be in deep doo...

So keeping the current rate is supercool with me!

3. james patterson

james patterson Formula Junior
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 8, 2003
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    James Patterson
    Rob- A rate increase is reasonable at $360 a month comparied to other forms of advertising. But at that price I doubt that any service oriented shops will join. That puts advertising on F-chat into a retail/product sales catagory. Shops like mine that are mostly limited to drawing clients from the area near our location will find that hard to take. But for us banner ads are not why we are here, it is more important to be part of the Ferrari comunity than to do advertising. The lock-in is great but I would like to see a level of involvement at the current rate where we are still a sponsor but have less visability. Let the guys out there who are selling products coast to coast pay for the visibility.

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    We'll go to forum specific advertising some day, I just don't have available time until I drop this dang day job to implement and maintain. That will be a win-win having global/national sponsors that pay a little more and service/local shops that can be region specific.

By the time your current locked rates expire in 2-3 years we should have that in place.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    OK, after thinking on this more than a week, I'm about ready to up rates for new sponsors to $340. Existing sponsors will have the opportunity to extend current commitments an additional 2 years for the same $240 a month rate. You can remain paying monthly or take advantage of the same upfront discounts. Nothing changed.

We'll also add the option for sponsors to have their own forum for $60 a month. There will be a top level link for "Sponsor Forums" and all Sponsors that sign up will get a sub-forum there they can moderate and use for whatever they want. On the main page the sub-forums will be listed like the "Events" sub-forum is in the UK Forum.

Let me know your final thoughts, as I would like to start communicating the new rates to inquiring sponsors and also reach out to existing sponsors about renewal at old rates.

FYI, within next 2 years we will probably implement a more customizable and affordable sponsorship program for the regional companies. So that will be in place before your current commitment + optional 2 years ends.

Cool?

Thanks,
    rob