New Car Gifts | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New Car Gifts

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Gullwing, Mar 13, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Curious to know also did anyone get a direct call from Ferrari in Italy ? I did :)

2. Speedy2081

Speedy2081 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2009
    Westchester New York
    Full Name:
    Joe C
    I received the email from Ferrari on 3/8/2019

Concerning the scale model of your 488 GTB, we inform you that the level of personalization leads to an accurate process of production that lasts at least 6 months after actual car delivery (that is in this case end of January 2019). What we suggest you is to keep you updated at your Dealership that will contact you directly as soon as the model is ready to be delivered to you.

3. Speedy2081

Speedy2081 Formula Junior

Feb 8, 2009
    Westchester New York
    Full Name:
    Joe C
    Does anyone have the dimensions of the photo and the leather folder?
    Thank you

4. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    LOL..

Does anyone know when Ferrari started giving away these 1/43 scale models? I got my first in 2015 but hadn't bought a new car for many years prior.

of2worlds likes this.
  5. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    There was an article about those models built for new Ferrari owners in a back issue of TOFM. Perhaps someone can find a reference there as to when the program started. I don't have access to my set of the issues to know which one featured the model story. They did seem to make a big deal of the fact that Ferrari sent the builder a copy of each client's build spec to be copied for their exclusive model. Originally the idea was the customer would get a model of his Ferrari to enjoy before the real Ferrari arrived. We know how that idea evolved over time...

sampelligrino and Shadowfax like this.
  6. nimamd

nimamd Karting

Mar 25, 2016
    Just to refresh this thread. I'm waiting for delivery of my 812 GTS.
    I'm in Toronto. What gifts should I expect to receive with the new car? Would they send them automatically, or I should ask my dealer to request them?

Gullwing likes this.
  7. SeattleStew

SeattleStew Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 10, 2020
    In the rain
    Full Name:
    Stew
    For my 2020 delivered 812 I received: the humidor, the chrome paper weight car, lithograph, leather pouch, a letter thanking me for my purchase, and the model car. Notably the model car showed up 1.5 years after delivery.

8. RossoF8

RossoF8 Karting

Aug 3, 2019
    Full Name:
    Todd
    this was almost exactly my experience with my F8, except my model car came about a year after vehicle delivery

Chizz and nimamd like this.
  9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    Although it does not come with the car (because it's subject to publication times) I think one also gets a 1-year subscription to the "Official Ferrari Magazine". At least it was the case some years ago.

nimamd likes this.
  10. Gullwing

Gullwing Karting

Aug 30, 2016
    What’s the case with the 812 GTS? Do you still get a custom model and humidor?