New clutch issue | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New clutch issue

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by lear60man, Oct 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Thank you. The old seal was so worn down and discolored, I didnt even see it. That combined with a poor diagram and all the seal rings thrown in one bag.....hilarity ensues.

Its on and the clutch is working as designed. There is a serial number break on 1990's and mine fell after the break sorry for the confusion.

Thanks again guys.

Christian

2. godabitibi

godabitibi F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 11, 2012
    Papineauville, Quebec
    Full Name:
    Claude Laforest
    Great Christian, get ready to enjoy her again.

3. lear60man

lear60man Formula 3

May 29, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Thank you Claude for the picture.....that was the key. It cleared everything up.

Side note: The mystery sealing ring (#28) was too thick. The Support Bushing would not budge when installed. I had to lathe .5mm off the outer edge to give it enough space to slide back and forth as designed.

When I compared the early TR, 1990+ and the 512TR diagrams, you can see the subtle changes Ferrari made. It would probably work fine with out it, but I wanted to go with what the factory did. But for those who find this thread years down the road.....the #28 sealing ring might be too thick as mine was. The T/O bearing assembly has to be able to slide back and forth on the support bushing.

Christian