New Dino in motor trend March issue | Page 3 | FerrariChat

New Dino in motor trend March issue

Discussion in '206/246' started by detltu, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Yup. I think 25,000 Cayennes have rolled off the production line. And the new V6 is going to make that number go up even more. Porsche is doing just fine.

2. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

Masi needs to build a sports car.

Since Masi/Ferrari is now one company... if you count the GT's
    they are making 4 GT's and one sports car (No wonder the 360 has a waiting list).

What the heck is Ferrari doing making 4 of its 5 cars GT's ???

3. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    04 Cayenne est. have moved up to 36K units.
    Dec. Cayenne sales in Dec. (US) surged to 1701 from previous monthly adv. of 1300.
    In addition it's a great piece of equip.

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    YOU GOT IT!

5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Why doesn't Maserati do like Bentley; make luxury cars like the Quattroporte and forget about Cambiocorsas and all of that jazz and leave the sports car market to Ferrari; i'm sure they'd be an even bigger hit than they are now if they made luxury cars and appealed to the Mercedes/Lexus/Bentley/Rolls crowd; they would generate more profit i think; then they could use that money to better fund things like the MCC...

6. dogue

dogue Formula Junior

Sep 2, 2001
    Phoenix, AZ
    Full Name:
    Terry
    I also wish that Ferrari would concentrate on the Sports Car Market and Let Maserati have the luxury car market. The Quattroporte is an attractive car, but it will be more expensive than a S500 and it will be extremely underpowered compared to the competition. It just doesn't make since for a performance car company to make a bigger heavier car with the same engine as their small sports car. That car should have had a V12 with close to 500hp. The Maserati coupe and Cabriocorsa should be in the same price range as a 911 and they sorely need a face lift.

7. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Right now Ferrari only makes two cars that I have any interest in owning, the Enzo and the 360 Stradale.

The rest are either too watered down compared to immediate competition, or don't represent enough of a superior experience versus other sportscars from rival marques costing far less.

So I'd also like to see Ferrari dump all the 575, 456, 612-type models to Maser, and focus on the hardcore sportscar side of the fence.

8. detltu

detltu Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Full Name:
    David Taylor
  9. cheddah

cheddah Karting

Jan 8, 2004
    Wow! che bella una machinna!
    If they would revive the 275 look then we would really be going retro....

Maybe they could borrow frow the Shelby series 1, seeing how the Cobra was borrowed from the AC Aceca which borrowed from Ferrari's little Barchettas.