New F8 buyer (spec) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New F8 buyer (spec)

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Divexxtreme, Aug 20, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO
    Australia bummed out on the F8 with seats. On the 488 GTB full electric seats were standard, no cost. That's why not to many with the racing seat. IIRC about 15 K option. Thing is with the full electric you get the memories which I like but also the steering wheel is electric.

Well the F8 only standard power seats are Standard now. The full electric is basically the same cost as the racing seat.,,

I would imagine everyone has the carbon back on the racing seat, anyone ever gone full leather ?

2. Divexxtreme

Divexxtreme Formula Junior

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Good point, and thank you for the input. However, I have personal experience swapping from Pirelli to Michelin on my Huracan. It currently makes 1200 hp to the wheels and my PS4S handles the power exceptionally well for an actual street tire. Needless to say, I’m a huge fan of PS4S!

Il Co-Pilota likes this.
  3. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    Fair enough, sir.

Divexxtreme likes this.
  4. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Here's a Nero Daytona for some ideas

Senna1994 likes this.
  5. racerdj

racerdj F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jan 19, 2003
    Indianapolis
    Full Name:
    DJS
    I had the CF race seats in my 458 but decided to order just the standard ones in my 488. I regretted that choice every time I drove it. Race seats in the 812 and love them. I do not find them uncomfortable and think they add to the interior in a vert positive way.

tickerhound and Divexxtreme like this.
  6. Divexxtreme

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    My car is now in Status 85. Waiting on the boat!

7. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
  8. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Full electric seats in style design, which allow the coloured centre stripe, are actually more expensive than the CF seats :eek:

9. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    It comes to about the same when you include the seat lift.

10. Divexxtreme

Aug 14, 2020
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Yes. My CF seats with the lift cost around $11.7k.

11. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    LOL, they are exactly the same.....

- CF Seat £5184 + lifter £1440 = £6624

- Comfort electric £4704 + Style design £1920, which is required to get the colour details added = £6624

:D

Divexxtreme likes this.
  12. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Reading Mandalay's post - as he says the full electric was a std no cost option in the GTB, but it appears now Ferrari are going for even more profit the F8 has been stripped back even further but for more money in base form. Kinda makes the GTB even more of a bargain than what its already shown to be on the used market. Crazy. I'd say (out here) by the time an F8 is properly spec'd it won't be far short of spec'd Pista money.
    This may be the case when you have to pay for electric seats but prior in the 488gtb they were std equip no cost. However the electric didn't really amount to anything other than extra weight as the seats were not all that comfortable least of all supportive during any type of sporty driving hence why the CF buckets are by far the better and more suitable choice imho. But of course to each their own. Admittedly I initially struggled with the cost of paying for a manual seat but I had to come to terms with the fact it was the more comfortable and supportive least of all the better looking choice for the car. Had the electric seats provided the level of support and comfort I would have taken the free ride, but sadly not the case, resulting in considerable spend to get the manual CF buckets....@19K with lifter, stripe etc. Also keep in mind the electric seats offer less headroom than the CF as well which can also be a deal breaker.

MANDALAY, GT2goneF and Napoli like this.
  13. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    This. The lack of side bolster with the electric seats just boggles the mind. They are properly terrible for spirited driving.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF and Shadowfax like this.
  14. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Horses for courses I guess.

Spirited driving is becoming less and less possible, with the level of policing on our roads, so for GT type driving comfort is king.

Unlimited fun can be had on track, so for me it’s only the Pista types that I’ll equip with race seats.

Race seats do look good in the garage though :p

MANDALAY and GT2goneF like this.
  15. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    #41 Shadowfax, Dec 26, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2020
    Yep the standard/electrics are shockers. Ferrari has a lot to answer for there. Straight up slackness. Beggars belief how anyone can charge so much for a car and dish up seats with the lateral support of a bus bench seat. To compare them to a base 991/992 seat would be an utter insult. The Ferrari base/electric seat could hardly be referred to as being comfortable on today's scale even in comparison to far lesser priced vehicles. Its just rubbish wrapped in leather at an exorbitant price. Pseudo luxury is probably a kinder term for it. It only takes a sit in an Audi R8 or a 911 to know you've been completely had and these makers wont even charge you for it.

wthensler, GT2goneF and Napoli like this.
  16. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    I suppose that really depends on where you live. Here in Europe, where the cars are conceived and born, we have lots of opportunities for a nice spirited drive.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

GT2goneF likes this.
  17. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    Much the same out here - plenty of good roads where you definitely need seats with lateral support. Must be awful having to resign oneself to straight line running at posted limits in a car like this. If ever I found myself in that situation I think id have to migrate to another country or call it a day with these types of cars. Circuit is fun but there's nothing quite like a good drive in the wilderness.

wthensler and GT2goneF like this.
  18. xBox

xBox Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2018
    The Emerald Isle
    Yes, it is a shame.

The number of speed camera vans I've seen in rural Ireland throughout these various lockdown periods is quite sickening.

Northern Ireland is also pretty tough.

Sunny mountains of warmer European climes were great, with smooth warm tarmac and wider roads.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Downside being a lower standard of driving and increased general road hazards to pretty much balance the speed freedom :(

MANDALAY, wthensler and GT2goneF like this.
  19. wthensler

wthensler F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2015
    Gator Country, FL
    Full Name:
    William
  20. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Our state is the WORLD CAPITAL for speed cameras about 110 Million.

GT2goneF likes this.
  21. buddyg

buddyg F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 20, 2004
    West Michigan
    Full Name:
    Buddy
    Congrats brother so glad to see you in a Ferrari!

22. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Congratulations? I am... happy... for you?? Not? You seem proud...

Kidding... That must suck. In CA were taken down, declared illegal... At least where I live.

23. MANDALAY

MANDALAY F1 World Champ

May 23, 2013
    AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    ANGELO

Ha but i havent gone down to our peninsular for such a long time , forgot no cameras or cops down there ,. Great drive yesterday 200 kms drive and 80 were twisty roads

GT2goneF likes this.
  24. GT2goneF

GT2goneF F1 Rookie

May 28, 2020
    Southern California
    Sounds a lot like LA Forest Hway. Approximately, 110 Km of pure driving pleasure, all mountain ups/downs and corners. I can't wait.

MANDALAY likes this.