New foam between hood and radiator in 308? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

New foam between hood and radiator in 308?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Birdman, Jun 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    I put replacement foam in today. I haven't had a chance to take it for a long ride to see if it makes a big difference in operating temp but I think this foam is very important for forcing the air through the radiator since there are no shrouds around the fans or anything. I think this might be one of those small things that makes a big difference in keeping the car running cooler on a hot day.

Birdman

2. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah

GREAT PICS!!!!! I WAS THINKING ALONG THE SAME LINES, BUT IT SEEMS YOU HAVE PERFECTED THE IDEA AND MADE IT REAL!!! GREAT JOB!!!

3. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Just got back from some around town driving, stop and go, you know, the kind that overheats a Ferrari. If your car is missing the foam, REPLACE IT! It makes a very big difference in the effectiveness of the fans. Once the car hist 190 degrees, you can practically see the temp come back down when the fans kick on. Wow, what a difference. Man, $1.99 for such a big difference.

Birdman