News

new iPod Shuffle

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Remy Zero, Mar 11, 2009.

1. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
  2. To remove this ad click here.

3. Apple Sauce

Apple Sauce Formula Junior

Jun 30, 2008
    Wide Open Throttle
    Full Name:
    Vic
    What kind of headphones should go in the box?
    -Vic

4. Pcar928fan

Pcar928fan Formula 3

Jan 21, 2008
    Austin, TX
    NICE! I had not seen that yet... Not unhappy w/ my previous gen Shuffle so I will keep using it but when it dies I know what I will get...

James

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Preferred Pronouns: Lord/Master
    4 gigs of memory is an excellent upgrade but I'm not a fan of the controls on the headset. The voiceover feature saying some of my playlist songs would be kinda funny though. I'm content with my 2 gig shuffle for now.

6. Asian1118

Asian1118 F1 Rookie

Mar 23, 2005
    Shelby twp
    Full Name:
    James
    I'm not looking to upgrade, I dont like the controls on the earbuds, it forces you to wear them. I like the size of my old one with controls on it.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Global Moderator Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Chris P. Bakon
    Ditto on hating the controls. At the rate I lose earbuds I cannot afford pricey ones with built-in controls

9. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    At first I was really choked because I had just bought a new 1 gig the other week, but then I realized the controls are on the craptastic Apple headphones and I'm running a $300 pair of Shure earbuds so...

10. Andy348

Andy348 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2007
    Eastern Canada
    Full Name:
    Andy

I believe they're going to come out with a control that can be attached so it can be used with an aftermarket headphone.

I don't like it at all. I find they're complicating something thats just supposed to be simple.

11. jeff

jeff Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    North America
    I bought one today and I guess I'm in the minority but I like it. I like the controls on the buds. Makes it easy to operate when I'm on the bike or treadmill. Heck, it's only $79.

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    I don't like the standard Apple earphones. It sounds horrible, and it just doesn't fit me. I prefer my Sennheiser :)

14. Waldoonay

Waldoonay Formula Junior

Mar 5, 2007
    Ottawa/Abu Dhabi
    Full Name:
    Walid Z
    I bought the old gen shuffle a few weeks ago and don't mind it. Granted not much space, but I have an 80Gb classic for regular use, the shuffle is only used at the gym. Not a big fan of the controls on this new one, and frankly I don't need it to be this small. I can barely even notice my shuffle while I work out (clipped to my shirt)

15. Zahiba

Zahiba Formula 3

Mar 29, 2005
    Victoria, Canada
    Full Name:
    Malcolm
    I like them. Might pick one up for jogs and whatnot.

16. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    check out www.gizmodo.com

Apparently, the controller headphones have an authentication chip inside - so the aftermarket headphones will cost more - as the manufacturers will have to license the chips/tech from apple to make compatible headphones. That's crap.

17. lmunz22

lmunz22 Formula 3

Jan 16, 2007
    I don't see why you could ever possibly need something smaller than the last gen Shuffle. That was the best of the Shuffle line. Making it very complicated just to get it a little smaller is stupid.