New Massimo Tamborini T12 reveal today | FerrariChat

New Massimo Tamborini T12 reveal today

Discussion in 'Motorcycles & Boats' started by Jackie and bill, May 6, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    #1 Jackie and bill, May 6, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Seriously? The Italian mistros last creation around the amazing BMW S1000 engine, and no one has an opinion on it?

3. boxerman

boxerman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Here is whats wrong with it.

"This final and exclusive creation of Maestro Massimo Tamburini, also automatically qualifies it as a top collectible that can legitimately sit in the dining room of a rich collector."

at EU 300k this is not a serious machine so much as a statement.

Stylisticaly his masterpiece is the 918 and the MVs he did.

Yeah a really cool motorcycle for the trackday. If it were fully developed it might even be the Mclaren F1 of bikes.

In a world where a Ymaha R1M is 50k this bike using a production motor should not cost more than 100K. But hey we live in the era of the instant collectable.

4. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Exactly.

All the top bikes are so good now days that it doesn't make any difference at the amateur level. We amateurs are buying bikes based on price, ergos, looks, sound, but not performance.

Even if I won the lotto I don't think I could have fun on a $300K bike.

5. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Thank God I'm not the only one that feels this way.

And I agree with @boxerman - the 916 / 996 / 998 was Tamburini's (and Taglioni's) masterpiece.

6. klp

klp Rookie

Mar 13, 2015
    Fine if you think it is overpriced. Look at the component list and try to compare this to an R1M again. There is no comparison.

You must also understand the machine is more than a sum of it's parts. 300k euro? I dunno. I bet someone has the money and is willing to buy one.

7. WillF

WillF Karting

Dec 2, 2016
    Bay Area, California
    Full Name:
    Will
    Gorgeous, stunning, ridiculously cool. That price is absurd though, 300K would get me a Fezza and a Desmo in the garage instead of this :)

8. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    Sorry, when I saw the price of it, I laughed so hard that my eyes lost focus!