New pic of ferrari 599 gtb at fiorano circuit | Page 7 | FerrariChat

New pic of ferrari 599 gtb at fiorano circuit

Discussion in '612/599' started by abavai, Feb 6, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    i just looke dat the dark grey 599 gtb. it looks far better in person than one would expect. the back end is awesome. the sides and front are not as bad as everyone is thinking. i wasn't a fan after seeing the photos, but when seeing it in person, it is unbievable. it looks nothing like a corvette in person. i will post photos when i return home thursday night.

2. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #152 TrojanHorse, Feb 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. 15hn

15hn Formula Junior

Apr 6, 2005
    Full Name:
    HN
    Is it really unbelievable or is it just better than the photos in the flesh? Also where did you see the car?

4. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    the car is unbelievable. we saw it at the ferrari factory gates, having just returned from a test drive.

5. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Paul,
    when i say ferrari didn't get it right, it is because i expect a lot from a ferrari. When i saw a TR for the first time, i thought WOW. Its styling was like nothing else. The width, lowness, and sound shouts exotic.

That combined with performance, luxury, and build quality is why i like my car. The maranello has the performance and sound, but not the startling looks. I was able to sit in doody's when he had it and i found the cockpit a little small also for a gt.

But just because I find it too subdued should not make you or anyone else change your view. I do like the color though.

Just add that while i find the front of the 612 and the whole 0f the 599 to be ugly, the 550/575 are in no way ugly, just not stunning.

YOUR PIC #2- shows what i am talking about, the 360 in front looks wider and lower than your 550. Its all about proportion. The 360 looks more exotic (to me).

6. TrojanHorse

TrojanHorse Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2005
    South Texas
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #156 TrojanHorse, Feb 8, 2006
    That's a well-reasoned opinion and of course, I respect it. I agree that the TR was "stunning" when it came out. In fact, I recently saw my first up close and although its a 1992 car, I still said "Wow".

Its a great looking and sounding car. I really like the way it looks from behind as it goes down the road--all muscled-up, broad hipped and mean.

I also like the look/sound of "flat 12's" and if I had extra room in my garage, would love to own one.

From the admittedly limited pictures, I can't say I feel the same about the 599 or 612.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    the car is unbelievable. we saw it at the ferrari factory gates, having just returned from a test drive.

8. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    In response to your challenge, after seeing how voluptous and curvy the profile of the 599 is, the 550 looks flat and boring. Elgant and traditional, but dull. 559 is curvier, sexier and more aggressive, without being outlandish.

9. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I remember being dissapointed in the 550 Maranello. I was present at it's unveiling at the Nurburgring and as a successor of the Testarossa, it looked, well, pretty bland. Fact is however, by that time (1996) the eighties were well behind us and so was outragous styling. The 550 grew on me. Not because I looked at it differently, but just because I could appreciate it for what it was meant to be: a very elegant, very fast super GT. And in this respect, the car certainly looks the part.

The 599 looks far more flamboyant and it probably is a car that indeed has it's focus more in sheer performance, rather than styling. And why not? I believe the 612 now plays the part of the understated, stylish car (where as the 456 looked more agressive).

10. rossi

rossi Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2004
    #160 rossi, Feb 9, 2006
  11. Ferrari330P4

Ferrari330P4 Formula Junior

Aug 4, 2005
    Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Karl
    OK so the rear looks goofy but i still like it.

12. Demigod555

Demigod555 Formula Junior

Nov 28, 2005
    SF
    Man that is a seriously ugly Ferrari.

13. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Really??
    Have not heard that one before.....

14. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    I think it looks better than the 550 or 575....just one man's opinion...

15. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    Check out these cars, something fresh and original compared to the 599 and it shows what you can do with a front engine design.Not perfect but interesting compared to the 599.

http://www.tvr-eng.co.uk/overview_sagaris.php

I can't see how in any way this 599 is going to look stunning in person like a Ferrari should.

I still think they should have called it the 666, just play its name backwards and upsidedown and add +1.

16. J. Salmon

J. Salmon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 27, 2005
    VA
    I think it fantastic too. I hope eveyone hates it and it depreciates like a stone. Then I'll buy a real nice example and everyone will tell me what an idiot I am for driving such a hidious machine.

17. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Again,your opinion...
    For others,myself included,TVRs look ridiculous and cartoonish.

18. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005
    As I said TVRs are not perfect but at least original, the 599 has nothing radical or new in its design, its been done by the Japanese before other than a few vents added.

This 599 looks like a model past her prime resorting to gimmicks to look good, park it next to that red TR and see which one people will stare at.

For those to think well don't buy it, it goes further than that, as with all Ferrari owners we pay for expensive new parts and service that support Ferrari still our opinon does matter whether we would buy this car or not, I don't want Ferrari to be thought of as a luxo cruiser type of car aka Mercedes with so-so 612 inspired styling, I want to be proud to say I own a Ferrari and to be seen in one.

19. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    No, not really. Most TVR's are just a variation on something that has been done before. and yes, they ar cartoonish.

Again, no not really. It actually doesn't go beyond 'well don't buy it' no matter how much maintenance costs.

Besides that, I wish the nay-sayers would stop presenting the argument the 599 looks ugly as fact. There will be more then enough people that will like the design enough to actually buy the car.

20. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL

That it does, much more aggressive.

21. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    TVRs....look like cheap kit cars to me.

22. J.P.Sarti

J.P.Sarti Guest

May 23, 2005

I am sure their will be plenty of buyers for this car, it actually appeals to a broader audience than those that like the aggressive race type Ferrari road cars. Just like when Porsche introduced the 928 it had great performance and so-so looks but it sold very well, now look at the values and perception of that car.

This car looks easy to get into and out of with its big doors, styling that doesn't attract much attention, its a useable everyday Ferrari the opposite of the great Ferraris of the past in every aspect other than its performance but as most know you don't buy a Ferrari just for its performance.

23. SSNISTR

SSNISTR F1 Veteran

Feb 13, 2004
    SFL
    Gotta disagree there....I'll sure as hell look in awe.

24. Doug H

Doug H Karting

Apr 17, 2005
    If you saw the car, did the car you saw have the bare metal parts visible on the yellow 599 in the pictures that run from the roof line back or does the real car terminate at the rear glass. If you remove those bare metal looking extensions, the cockpit and roof line look way too much like a Vette. Did Ferrari put those bare metal pieces on the yellow test mule to distort and conceal the true lines around the rear window on the yellow test mule. What did the wheels look like.

25. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

I know what you were trying to demonstrate, but I really can not find anything attractive with the front of that TVR. Its a paper bagger.