New York plate, a bit provokative though... | FerrariChat

New York plate, a bit provokative though...

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by millemiglia, Apr 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    #1 millemiglia, Apr 23, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. GarnetRedCoupe

GarnetRedCoupe Formula Junior

Mar 21, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Steve
  3. cinquevalvole

cinquevalvole Formula 3

Feb 6, 2004
    Germany, Bayern
    Ferdinand what ?

4. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Wow, Porsche owners aren't very intellegent... He doesn't even know who Enzo Ferrari is!

5. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    I thought Allan had a yellow Ferrari, not a porsche.

6. a bit provokative indeed but unless you are in an Enzo you dont stand a chance in any type of race track or street.

7. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I saw the similar plate (different state) on Acura NSX

8. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    At the 2002 Denver GP

9. nejcdolinsek

nejcdolinsek Karting

Dec 2, 2003
    the Enzo thats gonna kick your ass, that's who...

10. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Very true. Maybe you would a stand a chance in a 575 too though.

11. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#12 maranelloman, Apr 24, 2004
  12. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    If you buy a Porsche Turbo or Viper or whatever, enjoy the car for what it is. Why should you worry about other makes if you're happy with the car you have? A bit sad, these license plates, as if they preferred a Ferrari, couldn't get one and then express their feelings this way.

13. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    I think a 575 is dead meat too, to be honest...and a GT2 that is tuned the way these cars frequently are really can give even an Enzo a TOUGH time, if not beat it in a straight line...welcome to the world of turbos! haha. Still, not the same amount of prestige, as I have seen 3 porsches today..OUT MY WINDOW, but then again, porsche does have a rich history if you like that kind of thing, just too common.

14. I agree Porsche's are great cars I would own both Ferrari and Porsche I love both brands the same way. A modifted GT2 or TT could easily do under 3.0 sec 0-60 and middle 10's 1/4 and still perform well on the track and still be drivable everyday. There was a nice clip of a F50 vs GT2 in the playersrun or gumball last yr cant remeber which one it was.

15. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Any self respecting liter bike would spank it, all have 0-60 in less than 3 seconds. Virtually all 600s for that matter as well.

Most liter bikes do the quarter in less than 11 sec, the Gixxer thou does it in less than 10 straight out of the crate.

16. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    I wouldn't say 'sad'. I think it's all in good fun of the competitive/loyalty nature. I've seen a camaro that had a plate that says "FORD SUX" and i really don't think the camaro owner wanted a mustang :). I've seen derivatives of VTEC SUX on V8s, and I know a prelude owner with 2latev8 on his plate.

I dunno. I think its entertaining to see how each side can compress their feelings of the other into 7 letters(sometimes 8) or less. :)

17. Prowler

Prowler Karting

Jan 10, 2004
    Glendale,Arizona
    Full Name:
    Matt
    the liter bikes do have a slight advantage at the start but the cars would be right there,top end there isn't any contest as bikes are now limited to 186mph.i just picked up a new 2004 r1 and it does the quarter mile in 10.07 at 145 and some change,top end is at 184mph(redline is at 13,750rpm).....the zx-10 is at 10.06 at 145 and a little bit more change,top end is at 186mph.if the fronts of the bikes are strapped down to help prevent wheelies,all 4 liter bikes would be easily deep into the 9's.

18. Johnny Bravo

Johnny Bravo Formula Junior

Jul 22, 2003
    DC Metro/MD
    Full Name:
    Ben
    #19 Johnny Bravo, Apr 25, 2004
    There's a silver 996TT that I see occasionally around downtown Bethesda, MD that has the plate "360EATR". Nice looking car though. :D Oh, and it's a wee bit off topic, but there's always this classic plate from FL:
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. shelbee

shelbee Guest

That's right, ENZO that's gonna smoke your a$$!!

20. Yeah bikes are fast a Doug Levin tuned viper will smoke a tuned busa to so there is really no arguement here. Ferrari is Ferrari its slow but I still love them alot. I hope Ferrari gets its act togather with the 420 Monza to at least touch toes with the Gallardo.

21. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    It's interesting that the owners of other sports cars always feel the need to compare them to (or knock) Ferrari. By doing so, they prove that Ferrari IS the benchmark.

22. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    you would think so...
    Nothing beats this 996 Turbo, the sine qua non of this complex

23. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    I guess the owner likes coral snakes.

24. SkizoACE

SkizoACE Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    My uncle has a Camaro and the license plate says 'BYE5.0', and the LP on his 355 says 'MLR 355'.