Newbe 600LT Owner | FerrariChat

Newbe 600LT Owner

Discussion in 'McLarenChat.com' started by 45Rake, Mar 26, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 45Rake

45Rake Rookie

Mar 26, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Wayne Rivera
    Hello,. Traded in my Lamborghini Huracan for a brand new 600LT. Really liking the LT. What mods are a must?

2. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
    For me the only issue was the stock sound especially coming from my Ferrari 458 with a Capristo exhaust. So after research I choose a Soul Performance Sport Cat system bought from Wheels Boutique in Florida. Installation was done via my local dealer where I bought my 600Lt from new. Sound is much better, no check engine lights and it will pass the tough California smog tests. It still doesn't sound like my 458 but it is better so Im glad I did it.

3. 45Rake

45Rake Rookie

Mar 26, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Wayne Rivera
    I hear you on the exhaust note. I had the Huracan race exhaust on my 610-4 and Tubi with strait pipe on my gated pre-LP Gallardo. Did you need to do a tune when you did the sport cats? Good to hear your McLaren dealer installed for you. I was beginning to wonder if anyone visited this site or any of the McLaren forums. Not used to forums that don't post much.

4. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
    I didn't tune my car. Mclaren does not appear to like mods per se especially in the "tune" area. Sport Cats didn't trigger any check engine lights and the dealer said I should be good as far as warranty issues. For me, I wanted to make sure I was able to pass smog due to I didn't want to go back and forth changing out Cats or Tunes....Coming from a Huracan w a race exhaust and a Gallardo Im sure you are missing the screaming sounds....Good luck!

Joseph Abdo likes this.
  5. 45Rake

45Rake Rookie

Mar 26, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Wayne Rivera
    I do miss the NA V10 sound but I must say the 600LT is much more fun to drive! Did your sport cats improve sound enough to justify the $3200 ?

6. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    As a Ferrari guy and one of the original Fchat members back in the day, I hoped over here and I thought there would be a lot of activity. At the biggining there was, but it has definitely died down. There is more activity on Mac Life. At the end of the day it is up to us to make (contribute) or brake (not contribute) to these sites.

7. 45Rake

45Rake Rookie

Mar 26, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Wayne Rivera
    Good to hear from another member. I also joined Mac life. So do you own a MAC? If so what model? I come from Lamborghini talk forum and a few others. My screen name is the same in all the forums. I've never owned a Ferrari but sure do admire them.

8. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    #8 Ingenere, Apr 11, 2020
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2022
    OMG! Activity! I have a 570S (Track Pack).

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. chinaleeexports

chinaleeexports Karting

Jun 2, 2008
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    SL
    Yes, cuz for me the muted sound was the only aspect I didn't like about my 600LT. Now it just has an edge about it especially in tunnels or overpasses. If you are near Southern Calif when all this virus stuff calms down, hit me up and you can hear and feel for yourself. Stay Healthy!

10. 45Rake

45Rake Rookie

Mar 26, 2020
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Wayne Rivera
    Booker likes this.