Newport Beach Ferrari on the PCH back in the 80s | FerrariChat

Newport Beach Ferrari on the PCH back in the 80s

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by Octonion, Sep 17, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Octonion

Octonion Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2020
    USA
    mathewr, ZF123, marko.urbac and 8 others like this.
  2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
  3. ChipG

ChipG Formula 3

May 26, 2011
    Santa Monica, CA
  4. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    I’m a product of the 80s and love that time. The music, fashion everything.

Here is a teaser to my 80’s-ness

Orange County Native. Graduated from UCI.

worked at the Rusty Pelican Irvine and Newport

had my fake ID at 16 and would go to Promisis nightclub after work in that high rise next to the old John Dominis restaurant. Saw my first Ferrari there that I loved (a Testarosa)

Friends dad was the owner of Newport Imports. Would hear stories of him having briefcases of cash as drug dealers would buy their cars that way.

5. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  6. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    I wonder if all those F40's were left out overnight? Just used cars nobody wants. :eek: :confused:

7. DiamondDog

DiamondDog Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2021
    Orange County, CA
    copy the link to google chrome browser and then go into incognito mode. You will be able to read for free

I would,deliver LA times as a paper boy at 12 years old on my bike. Kids were different back then , in the 80’s

8. U-Boat Commander

U-Boat Commander Formula 3

Jun 7, 2008
    USA
    I lived on 35th Street (about a mile away) in '94, before it closed. I used to ride through the parking lot on my beach cruiser checking out cars. There wasn't much inventory back then I recall. Seems like ages ago.

If only they had been able to hold out a few more months everything would be different today. The 355 had just come out and the LA/OC area was recovering from the early 90s recession. In the second article they talk about how business was just picking up when the BK court ordered the liquidation. I bet if they had 3-4 more months they would still be there today.