Next week in Vegas? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Next week in Vegas?

Discussion in 'Las Vegas' started by dstacy, Mar 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    As you can imagine my hotel bill was certainly over a grand. I sent a note to the hotel with the above pictures attached. Here is the email reply I received back:

Good Afternoon Mr. xx,
    I can completely understand your dissatisfaction with the appearance of your room. As mentioned by both our staff and myself this is defiantly not the standard we hold ourselves so highly at.
    The concerns we see in these pictures have been brought up to both our housekeeping and engineering management team to address further. As a gesture, I have adjusted the charges to your room by issuing a credit of $40 and the tax for a total of $45.35. Once again I apologize for the inconveniences, I do hope you enjoyed your stay overall. Please let me know when you plan to travel with us next time and I would be more than happy to assist with the booking to ensure to there are no further inconveniences.

Thank you once again for your feedback."

Well, gee, um, .....thanks?

2. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    A $40 credit and a room of that nature? Shame on the Mirage! Even though I am not a gambler I have had some nice suites on the strip in the past. I have never seen anything that bad. The wife and I like to do staycations a few times a year. Normally for Christmas we get a suite.

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    That's disgraceful, the furniture and their response. We stay only at Caesar's properties and have never seen anything that tatty. I'd write back and tell them "Congrats, you've lost a customer."
    T

4. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Ever since the financial crisis, Vegas went on a massive cost cutting strategy to survive and when the economy picked up again they never reverted back to the old way. Maintenance has taken a back seat for a decade now. Polishing brass, never done anymore, polishing marble, rare, cleaning fingerprints off of entry doors, rare, power washing parking garages/sidewalks, never, maintaining outdoor landscaping, never....the list goes on and on.

There are only 3 hotels today that maintain things still the old way and show care for their properties. Aria (MGM's baby, maintained better than Bellagio), Wynn/Encore and Venetian/Palazzo. Wynn you would expect, but the amount of convention action Venetian and Palazzo gets, they do a heck of a job of maintaining them.

5. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Dave: Sorry to hear this but I am not surprised. This is "defiantly" disgusting. The poor grammar, bad spelling and ludicrous response to a good customer's complaint tells me all I need to know. We just got back last night ( we are long time Bellagio guests) and will post more later

6. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    My wife and I are at Bellagio at least 4 times a year. The property is impeccably maintained. The staff are professional and friendly. I have never seen anything like the conditions of the room Dave experienced at Mirage. And when I do have an issue with Bellagio, it is addressed and FIXED right away. During our last stay, I had an issue with the resort fees charged. I brought it to their attention, and without going in to detail, Bellagio more than made it right, and in fact made a very nice adjustment I didn't even ask for. Dave, I would write to the general manager of Mirage and enclose a copy of that "here's 40 bucks go away" email you received.

7. Robin

Robin F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Arlington, VA
    If you don't mind sharing, what was the issue with the resort fees? I stay at Aria about four times a year and as much as I love the place, the resort fees are ridiculous (close to $40/night I think). I always get most of my stay comped but they still charge resort fee and taxes, which seems weird since that never happened when I was a Palms guy. Even before I started getting comped there, they'd waive the resort fees if I asked nicely. I'll be out there in a few weeks and a friend of mine is staying at Hard Rock, fully comped, no resort fees or taxes, and he's never even stayed there before... Is MGM really that hard up for cash?

8. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Robin. I will send a PM. Keith

9. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott

They must be they are already increasing the parking fees.

10. Steelton Keith

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    If anybody wants to stay at the Mirage, I have a VIP contact for you. PM me.