NFL's biggest jerk....nominations and why | FerrariChat

NFL's biggest jerk....nominations and why

Discussion in 'Sports' started by stever, Dec 29, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    My guy is Jared Allen of the Vikings.

Because 1) saying he is from the 'Culinary School' during intros just to be, uh, a fun guy 2) constantly waving the fans to cheer before plays; does he think the Viking fans are too stupid to know a key play when they see one? 3) saying 'I don't like people much'

(Yet, Al Michaels called him 'personable', showing how much the networks are shills for the NFL. There's another p-word I'd use...starts with 'pr'........)

2. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Jared Allen is a good choice.

Cortland Finnegan. Dirtiest player in the league.

Phillip Rivers. Bronco fanhood doesn't help. But I don't know anyone besides Charger fans who like who he is. Total whiner. There are worst in the NFL though, that's for sure.

T.O. Semi-quiet this year though.

Perrish Cox of the Broncos looks like a real winner as well.

Sad, but there's a bunch out there.

3. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Michael Vick, read the book "The Lost Dogs" and then tell me he paid his debt to society, once a psychopath always a psychopath...

4. MBFerrari

MBFerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2008
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Matt B
    Matt Millen, and now I get punished (after he was fired) having to listen to him talk about college players like he is a great judge of talent when he put together perhaps the worst roster in NFL history in Detroit.

MB

5. Whisky

Whisky Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Why do you say that? Because HE said he is the dirtiest player in the league? He's not, not even close.

I'm so tired of hearing this garbage, he DID pay his debt, he paid more than anyone else for what he did, yet people cannot seem to get past it.
    Do I like what he did?
    No.
    But he gave up nearly 100 MILLION dollars and served time in prison, not some white collar mini-motel like some inmates do.

He paid his debt, move on, man.

THAT I agree with 100%!

6. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Why should I move on, that is what is wrong with the NFL, my own Broncos are case in point, there has been more written in the last month in the crime section than in the sports section. Goodell claimed he was going to clean up the league; he is a joke, same as before. Vick may be a great athlete, but he is a despicable human being. I suppose Rae Carruth and OJ Simpson should be forgiven as well....The only thing Vick regrets is he got caught and his boys rolled on him....

7. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

He was a little before my time, but I guess he was a hell of a player in his day (?)

But Detroit gave him the house when he moved from the '9ers (IIRC) and as you say, what a complete and utter disaster that was! I just don't like the way guy comes across on the TV, even if we ignore what he did in Detroit.

Cheers,
    Ian

8. Osiris_x11

Osiris_x11 Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I'd like to get the whole skinny (no pun intended) on Albert Haynesworth + Mike Shanahan, not just the he-said this/that stuff in the press.

9. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Tons of players do that in a lot of sports. Not a reason to not like a guy.

And McNabb.

10. stever

stever F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 18, 2006
    West. Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Steve R
    Really? I only watch football, but can't think of another sport where there's time to wave the fans to cheer.....which other sports?

It seems to me that Allen is worse than most with the frequency. I'm in Viking/Packer country, so I see a lot of the Vikings.....a Vikings loss is 2x as good as a Packer win this year.

When people insult my intelligence, I don't like them. How many others do it is not germane.

11. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    One of the benefits to getting older is, I've found that happy place where I can sit back and enjoy the games without giving a crap about the personalities.

12. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Michael Vick has everybody beat forever

13. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    ^ This.

14. Alex_V

Alex_V F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Apr 8, 2004
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Alex
    I was not actually aware he claimed to be the league's dirtiest player. Wow! Good for him for thinking that. There are other dirty players in the league, yes, but I really do think he's up there with the worst of them. I'll show you why I feel this way:

Targeting helmet-less players and trying to rip them to the ground by their neck?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yER9LWShOVw

Or how about punching helmet-less players in the pile?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dq5yS5ArC70&playnext=1&list=PL74C7E0B2B26BDB0F&index=17

What a surprise, who's right in the middle of this little tiff?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNs7w6lFcgI&list=PL74C7E0B2B26BDB0F&index=20&playnext=3

Here's another classy play by him (name of the video isn't too much better)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVcpbeOk_vA&feature=related

We all know what happened in the Andre Johnson fight.

Yeah, he's a punk-ass. He's dirty as they come. No respect for the athletes he lines up against, and as a competitive athlete myself I think thats one of the worst things in sport. If he got banned from the league, I don't think anyone would mind.

15. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    what about OJ?

16. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    And when those guys get out of prison they are allowed to pursue a living just like anyone else.

I never said I LIKED the guy, and I sure don't LIKE what he did, and I never said I would forgive him, but they sentenced him, he served it, he's out, he is entitled to move on.

I bet there are a few guys on here that had DUI's, my feeling is you get a DUI then you lose your license FOREVER, but we know A) that won't happen, and B) that SURELY won't stop them from driving, so what do you do?

And as far as the only regret being getting caught: that's true regardless of ANY crime you commit: 95% of those caught try to weasel out of it - that's human nature, that's why we have 689 million lawyers in the USA (!), but that doesn't make it right. The other 5% WANT to go to jail/prison.

17. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Yep - he's a punk.

He didn't used to be this way, it pretty much started this year, I think he's just trying to make a name for himself, to piss off other people, try to scare people, get them rattled, out of their game. He got the best WR in the game tossed, so it worked, and AJ knows it.
    If he (CF) is always in the middle of stuff, that tells me something.

18. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    you are confusing legal debt (which Vick has repaid) and ethical/moral debt...which he couldn't pay in a 100 lifetimes.

Does he need to be rewarded so handsomely once his true nature has been exposed? Does Obama really need to endorse him? Ridiculous, and beyond unacceptable. I think there should be a rule against allowing people like him to rise above janitorial pay grades once they come out of prison. Plenty of other deserving athletes out there, ones who won't spend their wealth on dog-fighting syndicates or engage in abusing defenseless animals.

19. Devilsolsi

Devilsolsi F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 1, 2007
    MD
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Really??? Athletes and celebrities aside, all this would do is make it 1,000 times more likely that someone would return to a life of crime. Any jail sentence would pretty much be a life sentence.

I obviously hate what Vick has done. But, he has done everything that has been asked of him to repay his debt to society. He has gone to prision, gone bankrupt, had the world hate him. If he can stay out of trouble then I think he deserves some respect. It is hard to change the person you grew up being.

For those of you that still hate Vick, will there ever be a point where you can move on? Is there ever anything he can do where you will be satisfied that he has paid his debt to society?

20. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    #20 Zack, Dec 31, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2010
    If he helps to rescue and rehab 100x the number of dogs whose lives he made a living hell, I would think that he has atoned for his sins. I still would not allow society to reward him so richly. Being a cruel jerk deserves a life sentence.

Regarding your point of this forcing them to commit more crime, that's why we have monitoring and in the worst case, they can always be thrown back in jail.

21. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I agree and maybe I'm more forgiving that most everyone. But I forgive him for what he's done.

22. Zack

Zack Formula 3

Dec 18, 2003
    Nicosia, Cyprus/Cali
    Full Name:
    Zacharias
    That's mighty nice of you and Devilsosi, but you are not the ones he wronged. Forgiveness should be sought from those that suffered at his hands, not from the judge, jury, or public at large.

23. brainz

brainz Formula Junior

Sep 9, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Two good ones.

Finnegan: I don't like any athlete who is known to get under the skin of other athletes. I'm a Laker fan who hated Sasha Vujacic. Finnegan is known for being an instigator which is why the NFL didn't suspend Andre Johnson for giving him a pounding.

Rivers: I root for the Chargers, but I don't like this guy. He'll rip into his receivers for not being on the same page as him. I've seen him literally go off on a guy. Not a great way to lead a team.

I'd throw in Big Ben for other reasons that happened off the field...

24. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I've seen Manning and Brady do this. Do you not like them either? I don't remember what game it was, but I saw Brady yelling and screaming in one particular game this season. He called a huddle on the sidelines and was yelling and screaming at the entire offense. You should hate him too then?

If they're not running the scheme they're suppose to then they need to get a firm talking to.

25. Whisky

Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2006
    Upper Great Plains
    Full Name:
    The original Fernando
    Your thoughts are just plain.... I can't think of any other word besides moronic. Judging how much to pay someone? Unbelievable.

Vick never asked Obama to endorse him or forgive him, don't blame Vick for THAT.

And please don't put words in my mouth - I don't distinguish between 'debts' - YOU did.
    'Paid his debt' is a general term, he paid it, even though YOU don't think he did, it's not for you to decide. If you think he has not paid his debt, that's fine for you to think that, I have no problem with you thinking that, but legally, time and money-wise, he has paid his debt. Period.

How do you put a number on it? 100x the number of dogs? Why not 500? 1,000? 25?

I'm glad YOU have the money to give someone like him a 'life sentence', let's see, at age 27, if he lives to 77, that's 50 more years, at, say, $60,000 a year (maybe more), yeah, that's worth it.

And thank god you don't run 'society', because you would not last long with your logic.

He didn't wrong you, either, did he?

And BTW, you talk of other athletes more deserving - if they were as good, they would get their chance, but nobody is like him (yet). And also, there are other athletes that do things as heinous or worse, but you won't read about them, trust me: Vick isn't alone.

Listen, I don't LIKE what he did, I may not forget what he did, but it cost him two years of his life, it has cost him, by some estimates 70 MILLION dollars, and you want MORE?
    You're not likely to get it.