Nitrous Question for Allan or anyone else. | FerrariChat

Nitrous Question for Allan or anyone else.

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 96impalaSS, Mar 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My friend is wanting to put a Nitrous system on his Camero and hes not sure what brand to use. He's narrowed it down to Either NX 150 shot, or Nitrous Works which goes up to 175 shot. He still cant decide which one though. Maybe you could help or better yet even suggest a better system.

2. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Mine is just 2 75 shot NOS systems combined.

3. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    ahhh. And that works well I take it.

4. F360@20

F360@20 Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    San Diego
    What are you trying to do?

5. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    Going that big of a shot, you will most likely need a stronger head gasket, colder plugs, some type of fuel pressure regulator and retard the timing some. Possibly some internals going anything over 150, pistons and or stronger head bolts as well.

I would go with whatever other camaro owners are using maybe cruise their boards as well, if possible even copy another owners setup. Better safe than sorry and every car is pretty much different.

6. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    J.E. was saying that even though he has alot done to his engine it still may not be ready for a full 150 shot. He's in some camaro club and there the ones that gave him the advice but after I told him how Allan had his setup he thought maybe just even a single 75 shot may be better.

Thanks for the advice, even if it's just for my friends you guys still help out, thanks.