no heat in my daytona | FerrariChat

no heat in my daytona

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by coachi, Dec 9, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    I have checked the valve in the engine compartment near the radiator this needs to be open for hot water to go throught heating radiator...but still no heat... any suggestions?

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    If you've verified that the control valve is opening/closing correctly, then you must have a blockage elsewhere. Does the "hot" line exit the cyl head(s) via a screw-in fitting? (I was/am surprised how little tech info is shown in your OM.) Sometimes such fitting's ID can corrode up from galvanic effects -- just a thought... Does the hot line feel reasonably hot near the (hot) engine?

3. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Did you check to see if the secondary valves are really opening? The cables can be loose at the lever and the valve can be stuck. Mine makes plenty of heat but even when everything is proper control is not so great.

4. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Malcomb... mine is the same. The levers work smooth and easy and it will blow plenty of hot air into the cabin.... but the line between cool air and HOT air is very fine. Seems to be either not enough or way too much. I end up fiddling with it a good bit..... or just letting it blow hot and cracking a window! Ahhhhhhhh the joys of old cars.

Terry

5. KurtK328

KurtK328 Formula Junior

Mar 6, 2001
    Villeneuve-Loubet, France
    Full Name:
    Kurt Kjelgaard
    I haven't got a clue about the Daytona cooling system layout, but could it be something as simple as air in the heater core preventing the water from circulating?
    If the system is not bled after a low water level situation this could be the result.
    The first signs of low coolant level are often lack of heat in the cabin.