No regular V12 coupe in production... First time ? What's next ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

No regular V12 coupe in production... First time ? What's next ?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by dcmetro, Sep 15, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jljr

Jljr Rookie

Feb 25, 2018
    Miami Beach
    I ordered my 812 SF in March 2018 and was 7th in line for dealer allocation and I never owned a Ferrari previously. I received the car 14 months later in June 2019. I love the car, spec’d it to keep, and am delighted the run has been shortened for whatever reason. Very happy to own a pre GPF V12 and the less in total shipped to the US the more special this car is.

Thecadster, gliazzurri, Shack and 5 others like this.
  2. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I have a little insight into the media/press side of things through my job, and this sounds exactly right. Ferrari are not encouraging publicity for the SF90. Meanwhile personally, I wonder, if people who traditionally would buy the next V12 Ferrari as a matter of course, will be pleased with an SF90 instead. For me it’s more like a Pista replacement, though obviously its not. I think there will be a lot of displaced demand for the 812 GTS. But that’s pure speculation.

JTSE30 and maxemus like this.
  3. Shack

Shack F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 2, 2005
    Earth
    Drive the 812SF in anger and you will see why its such an amazing car. For me SF90 is getting too "clinical" and might as well be an EV. Being in the tech industry means all that digital/touch "c*ap" is just a distraction and becomes old hat within a month IMO. 812SF (ex GPF) is as pure as its going to get.

JMJ, Makuono, Themaven and 5 others like this.
  4. Quietriot

Quietriot Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 28, 2018
    100% agree. Raw over Sanitized. At least that’s my preference.

5. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    100% agreed.

JMJ likes this.
  6. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Ferrari produces many more models and cars from McLaren. Not sure why people think its the other way around, never has been.

7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    For reference I was given an SF90 slot and did not take it as I don't care for that car. I don't consider myself a top customer either, perhaps mid level. I was also given a GTS slot which has yet to be confirmed even with my deposit. I am not pressed to get a GTS, there will be plenty for sale 2nd hand after a year or so. Many people buying these to flip will be disappointed.

PJxxx and colonels like this.
  8. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    If you drive a front engined V12 every day you don't suddenly want a car with less cylinders. You wanna go up, not down. That's human.
    No matter what the EU regulations/laws tell you to do and what the factory tries to sell you.

Marcel Massini

Prancing12, PJxxx, 350MH83 and 7 others like this.
  9. colonels

colonels Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2011
    interesting take on things. i have only bought 3 ferraris and was not offered a spot on any of these. i have moved from the dealership to second hand market where i think you get the best deals.

Patricia2020 likes this.
  10. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    I have had a number of Ferraris and was treated as a 2nd class citizen but the local dealership is trying to keep me from freelancing. Problem is that there are bigger fish than me. I haven't played the game of buying this to get that, many others have and will. Just not my style - I buy what I want an only what I want. For example, I bought my Pista 2nd hand w/40 miles and didnt have to lose a ~$100K with a Lusso. To be fair to the dealer, I totally get their position and don't have issue with it. I think the police branch was the SF90 slot and a late GTS.

Thecadster likes this.
  11. Thomas Quintin

Thomas Quintin Formula 3

Mar 2, 2005
    Paris France
    Full Name:
    Thomas QUINTIN
    From which source is the info of 812SF coupé not being produced anymore?

12. ForeverCar

ForeverCar Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2017
    I am curious as well. I’m in the process of getting an 812 SF order in and will find out.

456-boy likes this.
  13. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Technically the 812SF is still being made for certain markets such as USA but allocations provided by the factory are difficult to acquire (by dealers). Word is other markets such as EU allocations are no longer being provided (by the factory). So the 812SF is not entirely discontinued (yet).

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  14. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    @Marcel Massini said the production is over , it's history.

When it comes to Ferrari production, what he says can be considered as the official truth.

Timonous, ScottS, KenU and 3 others like this.
  15. JTSE30

JTSE30 F1 Rookie

Oct 1, 2004
    Austin TX
    Yes, especially in regards to happenings in Europe. However, local dealer confirms it remains possible to order, with allocations becoming very difficult to acquire but not yet impossible.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  16. dcmetro

dcmetro F1 Veteran

Nov 27, 2007
    Paris , France
    Full Name:
    Olivier
    I'll let @Marcel Massini confirm again even if he already did it . He said Production is over. That means what that means.

Patricia2020 likes this.
  17. ForeverCar

Jan 20, 2017
    I’m hoping I get still get one as I’m a coupe (no sunroof, no open top) enthusiast. Of course, I appreciate and respect @Marcel Massini input. I hope my dealer isn’t just going through the motions ( it’s definitely possible that Marcel has more accurate information than my dealer too).

Patricia2020 likes this.
  18. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    #43 Marcel Massini, Sep 23, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2020
    Production of 812 SF Coupé is finished and completed since end of July 2020.
    BUT: 3 (that is three) further 812 SF Coupés will still be built but they will be produced in early 2021 only. Not before. And, it doesn't matter for which market they will be, either USA or Europe or Asia, etc.
    One buyer had withdrawn his order and two more 812 SF's will be made, that makes a total of three still to be built. But that's really it.

Marcel Massini

19. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Plenty of selection available on the secondary market. Lot's of good specs out there for sale.

20. ForeverCar

Jan 20, 2017
    Eeek! I better get my dealer to see if they can get one of these!

21. Jljr

Jljr Rookie

Feb 25, 2018
    Miami Beach
    Any insight as to total number of coupes produced and how many delivered to US?

22. Roger Xu

Roger Xu Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 15, 2019
    New Jersey
    Would you mind explaining what the "LB" stand for? Thanks

23. C50

C50 Formula 3

Aug 19, 2016
    "Little Brother"
    f-chat shorthand for the presumed hybrid following SF90 (previously BB, big brother) and replacing 458-based models. long thread in that section.

Caeruleus11 likes this.
  24. Roger Xu

Roger Xu Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 15, 2019
    New Jersey
    Many thanks! Just start to hang around here.

Caeruleus11 and C50 like this.
  25. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Welcome to the board. Good to have you in the mix.

Caeruleus11 and Roger Xu like this.