Non-standard Paint Pricing | FerrariChat

Non-standard Paint Pricing

Discussion in '296' started by GameBuoy, Apr 14, 2023.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GameBuoy

GameBuoy Rookie

Oct 21, 2021
    Coral Gables, FL
    Can someone help with what pricing is for a few colors that are non-standard/not listed in the Personalization book.

Rosso Fiorano - is on the configurator, but not in book. I assume it is PNTH and priced accordingly?
    Rosso Portofino - wondering what code would be for this and price?
    Rosso California - ditto

Also does anyone have a list of codes/PDF of the "hidden" Ferrari options? I've seen a few (Black Rims - RIMP, Ferrari logo in black - HSMB, etc.) but would love to see an exhaustive list.

Thanks

2. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Rosso Fiorano is PNT1 2, layer. Rosso Portofino is PNTE, 3/4 layer. Rosso California is PNTO, 2 layer.

of2worlds and MrFloppi like this.
  3. GameBuoy

GameBuoy Rookie

Oct 21, 2021
    Coral Gables, FL
    Thanks...

Do you know US pricing for PNT1, PNTE, PNTO? Doesn't show on price list I have...

4. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Zeo, gzachary, jm2 and 1 other person like this.
  5. GameBuoy

GameBuoy Rookie

Oct 21, 2021
    Coral Gables, FL
    From above, it shows Rosso Fiorano as PNTH (+$12,487) but isuk and my dealer say it is PNT1 (+$32,904) - for 296 GTB.

Also odd that Ferrari shows it as a historical color in the 296 Configurator so I'm confuised...

Assume isuk and my dealer are correct but want to make sure... Welcome insights.

6. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Ferrari have changed colour groupings since that US pricing chart. I believe that the category PNTH no longer exists hence why Rosso Fiorano has been switched to the PNT1 group. I have just ordered a 296 GTS and the colour I've chosen was in the PNTC category but was suddenly moved into PNT1 and the cost more than doubled.

jm2 likes this.
  7. GameBuoy

GameBuoy Rookie

Oct 21, 2021
    Coral Gables, FL
    What's wacky is Rosso Fiorano shows up on the 296 Configurator as a historical color yet is pricing as PNT1 (+$32k) from dealer hence my question...
    confusion...

8. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Apologies. PNTH does still exist... I just checked the Personalisation guide for the 296 GTS. Ferrari realigned all of the colours at the launch of the 296 and Rosso Fiorano was removed from the PNTH listing. I guess they were pushing customers to take Rosso Imola if they wanted a metallic red. Rosso Fiorano was moved to PNT1 at that point.The configurator hasn't been updated it would seem.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

GameBuoy likes this.
  9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Ugh, just got a call that the updated dealer configurator pulled Celeste Met 570 out of the Vintage PNTC codes and is not standard available. I had picked that way back in 21 since azzurro CA wasn't in the dealer configurator at the time, and then got really excited about it.

They said the configurator was running updates, we'll talk again this afternoon to see what's up. I've seen some of those Varryx spots of AC cars so maybe that's available now (or those buyers paid the full PTS price).

10. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Azzurro California is a PNT1 colour and so is Celeste Met 570.

11. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I don't know anything other than what he was showing me, but I changed it to AC. My original first choice. Probably a slightly easier resale too, since I'll trade/consign it for the the GTS.

12. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    If it's an easier resale then it must be because of the name only. Azzurro sounding better than Celeste to resale buyers who would typically ask for red. For the looks alone, they're both great but Celeste wins IMO.

13. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
  14. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    NYC Fred and sparetireless like this.
  15. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Crap. They just called to warn me that AC is now "PNT1" $32k! Ugh. I said if I was spending that much I'd want a PTS or 3 layer color for $2k more...

16. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    So yeah AC is now $32,800. I saw the new price list. Full PTS is now $59k. Yeah.

So we went back to the blues in the mid teens, $13k and change for blu Corsa, elettrico or Monaco for $16k. Hummed and hawed but Monaco was closest to AC and since the GTB order is a stopgap until the GTS, I went with Monaco. Looks purple on the configurator, but I know I like it IRL.

Part of me still thinks get no-cost black and wrap it for $5-6k. But what's the fun of ordering a car new from scratch if you're not choosing something you want? But then why spend $17k on a color on a $400k order if what you *really* want is "only" another $16k? :confused:

NYC Fred and SCantera like this.
  17. SJU

SJU Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2020
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Sal J
    What is the current GTB Base price with delivery. etc?

18. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

19. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I was in a bit of shock, if I wasn’t looking at a price list fresh off the salesman’s printer, I would have said that could not be true. Porsche quoted me ~$12,800 for PTS, I’ve seen Aston is 6-14k for “Q” paints.

rossodino likes this.
  20. rossodino

rossodino Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2007
    corona del mar, ca.
    Full Name:
    bruce sansone
    That is outrageous, they have moved into the gouging territory with that type of pricing.

21. VegasGreek

VegasGreek Karting

Jun 25, 2022
    Las Vegas
    Probably more we can’t be bothered pricing than pure profit considerations. I’m sure it’s a pain and slows down production considerably

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ryalex likes this.
  22. day355

day355 Formula 3

Jun 25, 2006
    It seems that there are diamond particles in the sequins;)

rossodino and ryalex like this.
  23. Kmaaq

Kmaaq Formula Junior

Jul 26, 2019
    Full Name:
    Khalid Mohammed ALQattan
    I was just about to recommend monaco. I personally prefer it to AC!

ryalex likes this.
  24. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Updated list anyone? Yeah this current pricing policy is simply abusive, if you guys can, please complain to your dealers or higher connections if possible.

ryalex likes this.
  25. thx enzo

thx enzo Karting

Aug 11, 2021
    Hartland, WI
    Full Name:
    Stevenp
    Blu Abu Dhabi was a “standard color” for my F8 Spider. Was told by my salesman that it is about $12,000 on a 296. I think some of this pricing falls into the “because we can” category.