430 - Not even registered yet... | FerrariChat

430 Not even registered yet...

Discussion in '360/430' started by PCarRI, Apr 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Still on temp tags, finally a nice day here in RI so took the 430 Spider for a spin. Apparently hit a rubber bungee cord that spun around the wheel and up to the door panel and rear quarter. Like seriously? I literally am still waiting on the full registration...

Not a happy camper...

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. rotaryrocket7

rotaryrocket7 Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2011
    Eden Prairie, MN
    Full Name:
    Matt
    man, i feel for ya, that sucks. Hoping it's cheaper to fix than it looks like it might be.

3. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    Ouch...that's a butthole clencher. Good luck.

4. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    My heart goes out to ya bro. That really sucks.

But been there. 6 days into ownership driving a college town 4 lane road (no median) at 35MPH. I see a small (but not that small) fallen tree branch in the far lane. A guy clips it with his Nissan front wheel and sends it hurling at my door. Next call, the paint-less dent guy.

Here's hoping that's the only guy you will need.

5. ditpixs

ditpixs Karting
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2019
    Nor Cal - Tracy
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Oh man... that just sucks. I destroyed a rim/tire on a huge pothole on a dark country road less than 2 weeks into ownership of my 430.

It took months before I could relax even a little while driving after that.

Hope the bill isn't too bad.

psych0hans likes this.
  6. RaceMX-M3

RaceMX-M3 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2010
    Frisco, TX
    Full Name:
    Scott
    That is no kind of fun, sorry to see. I had a car in front of me drive over a 20 ft steel cable that happened to just be laying across the road. Cable got kicked up and wrapped my entire car. It was hard to find a panel that didn't get damaged. Fortunately not in a Ferrari but my favorite car at the time.

7. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Thanks guys. I actually went back and got the culprit. Now the question is do I run this through insurance? I don’t know if something like this will show up on the Carfax but if it’s somewhat reasonable of a repair I guess it’s just coming out of pocket.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Can't really tell from the photos, but are there any dents in the body or just scrapes in the paint?

9. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Run it by Dino at Dean Auto Collision in Providence -- 700 N Main St -- he does the work for Ferrari New England. Huge facility but they tuck the high end cars off in a separate facility.

10. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
  11. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Thanks I will! My stepdaughter works at Christys Auto Body in Cranston, so will hit them both in the same day.

12. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    Ugh I'm sorry man! I had some scrapes on my bumper that I had repaired and blended in (did not have entire bumper repainted). It looks good. Yours looks bad, but maybe not bad enough to send through insurance... unless they need to repaint door and rear quarter panel.

BTW, I used to go to Pawtucket/Providence monthly for work. Enjoyed my time there but the roads were brutal.

13. Ianjoub

Ianjoub Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2019
    Homosassa, FL USA
    Full Name:
    Ian Joubert
    Ouch. Sorry.

14. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Sucks now for sure, but soon she'll be back to new.

15. KC360 FL

KC360 FL Formula 3

Jun 20, 2017
    Melbourne Florida
    Full Name:
    KGC
    I'd weigh it against what the cost is to repair and your deductible before making a claim. If you do decide to make the claim, I would document (with the photos you have) and the "after" photos all date stamped concerning the whole incident.

FWIW, you may want to check with the shop you choose to do the repair. In some instances, shops will report the damage using the ViN of the vehicle and the repairs will show on the Carfax and you may not even be aware of their policy.

Best of luck to you.

16. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    If under $5k, no way would I make an insurance claim....a Carfax blemish on a standard production car will cost you 10% minimum when you go to sell (no matter what backup you have), and worse yet, some people will see the Carfax and not even bother to contact you for the story, because there are so many non-blemish cars out there.

17. HNL29

HNL29 Rookie

Jun 16, 2013
    Pittsburgh PA
    Jesus that blows...sorry to see that.

18. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    Guys are so good now with paint and body, you wont even see it when its done.
    Sorry that happened.

19. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    Totally sucks, but I agree with bob. These issues suck but are temporary, and soon that baby will look as good as new.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

20. PCarRI

PCarRI Karting

Feb 23, 2020
    Rhode island, USA
    Well, my body guy is a family friend, so I could probably make sure reporting to CarFax gets "overlooked" ;)

21. Shark01

Shark01 F1 Veteran

Jun 25, 2005
    So then as long as your last name is State Farm, you can manage the insurance side as well.

22. ItalGerBrit

ItalGerBrit Formula Junior

Mar 15, 2016
    S La
    Think about it this way. Maybe it is good luck. The longer a car is close to perfect, the greater the damage when it eventually takes a hit.
    Do not let Carfax know about it. Kiss of death. Do not make an Insurance claim for sure.
    That damage is close to nothing. Actually, it would look cool for you to drive it that way. Sorta like driving a dirty Ferrari. Cool. Shows that you do not worship it, just a car. Years ago a race instructor that I knew had a woman side swipe his 355 Challenge car and he never repaired it. Did not even faze him. I thought he was the coolest Ferrari driver ever.

23. goto35march

goto35march Karting

Jul 23, 2009
    sorry to hear!!

24. Tamahal

Tamahal Formula Junior

Mar 8, 2019
    Full Name:
    TAMAHAL
    lol... wish it was that easy. Insurance company report to CarFax, not body shops ......

25. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Which makes it an even BETTER idea to pay out of pocket for the repair!

Kevin