Number of Gransports to be produced | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Number of Gransports to be produced

Discussion in 'Maserati' started by Markus Hengstler, Jul 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    Good grief!!! That is one fine Italina beauty! Congrats!:)

2. Markus Hengstler

Jul 26, 2004
    Switzerland
    #27 Markus Hengstler, Aug 18, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. Formula1

Formula1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 3, 2003
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mr. Pole Smoker
    Markus,

Thanks for the interior shot. Looks fantastic. That is the first black leather interior shot I have seen. Congrats. So, how does it drive? How does it sound? Have you ever driven a coupe? how does it compare?

4. Markus Hengstler

Jul 26, 2004
    Switzerland
    I had a colleage at work test driving my Gransport two days ago. He has a lot of race track experience since he takes part in the Lotus Cup here in Switzerland and has won this contest last year. He thinks that the Gransport has a lot of potential and a great engine (he owned a Ferrari once, so he's a bit biased). He is amazed how the weight of the car doesn't matter for the handling.
    So far, I don't have the experience to give a valuable comment. My comparison is my Cadillac Seville...
    I'll try to make a movie this weekend.

Cheers from Switzerland

5. TeamF1Jr

TeamF1Jr Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    BUMP for the video of the exhaust!!! We want an exhaust video!!

My dealer is not getting one for 6 more weeks.

6. Formula1

Formula1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 3, 2003
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mr. Pole Smoker
    Just wanted to keep the thread alive and see if anyone got their gsport in the US yet. A lot of the dealers are now receiving them.

7. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    I had the chance to drive one this weekend. I have an 03 coupe and I found things I liked better and things I did not. First the things I liked. The sound of the engine is wonderful, I had to put straight pipes on the get that sound. The car looks very aggressive. The thick steering wheel was the first thing I touched, I would love to get one for my car.The gas pedal seems to be more touchy, something I happen to like. The car does shift faster and the sport seats do grab you very well and are very comfortable. What I did not like, the price the car I drove was 111k without a Nav. My car (I bought off the floor) had every option. At that price you are getting awful close to used 360 territory.

In my mind the Maser is a great GT car it has speed, luxury and exclusivity, I found the interior looked cheapened to me. I did not like it as much as the regular coupe.

Is it more fun to drive than a regular coupe, yes it is, I'm trying to find out if I can get the software for my car

8. dave_fonz_164

dave_fonz_164 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Davide Giuseppe F.
    the GS is a fantastic car, now the Spuder has a similar offereing in the 90th aniversery edition, check www.italiaspeed.com for pics

the british automotive site, channe 4, had a fantastic review of the GS with pics. heres a quote frpm http://www.channel4.com/4car/road-tests/driving-impressions-2004/M/maserati/gransport.html.

"The slick, composed and great-to-drive Maserati GranSport is what the underachieving Coupe on which it's based should have been all along ."

"A great road car which translates into a great track car, with strong hints of the Trofeo one-make race series Maseratis in which model Jodie Kidd has just made her race debut. The GranSport may cost a considerable £66,600, but it's still cheaper than a Porsche 911 Turbo and huge fun with it. No recent Maserati has had a clearer sense of purpose; the ifs and the buts and the living on past goodwill are hereby rendered redundant. Why have a regular Coupé now."

9. Formula1

Formula1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 3, 2003
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Mr. Pole Smoker
    I drove a demo of the Gransport at my dealer this weekend. Blue with blue leather and grey fabric. Let me tell you, it feels like a race car inside when you sit down. The seats are really comfortable with the fabric. The sound is fantastic, especially with the sport button on. The car has great stance. the supension works fantastic, the gearbox is really fast and smooth. This car is fast. As good as a 2000 360 coupe that I drove, just not as nimble. I loved it. Can't wait to get it. The best car maserati has built to date (save the MC12).