Oahu | FerrariChat

Oahu

Discussion in 'Hawaii' started by Saltie, Feb 25, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Saltie

Saltie Karting

Apr 23, 2008
    Silverdale, WA
    Full Name:
    Olin
    Hello all. I was out to sea and didn't see the message to get this forum started until just now. I was wondering where I belonged living here, and now I have a home. Thank you for pushing for it. I'm in the process of changing out my exhaust, but should have my TR back on the streets of Oahu this weekend. I've seen a couple on the island, but had no idea there were so many Ferraris here. If any events get set up on Oahu hit me up. I always like an excuse to get my baby out of the garage.

2. Grigio 512TR

Grigio 512TR Karting

Nov 13, 2002
    Where's Diamond Head
    PM sent....

3. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    There is a group of owners and interested car people that get together once a month for lunch and bench racing at the Waikiki Yacht Club. There was also a group that met on certain Saturday mornings for "Coffee and Cars" at, if I remember correctly, Pier 38. I think this is the new State fishing pier where the long line boats come in and the fish auction is held. There is a restaurant/coffee shop there and room for parking. There was also a group that got together regularly for drives. I used to get very frequent e-mails about these activities, but they seem to have tapered off. I think all of these people shared an e-mail list that was developed by the fellow that ran the SCCA chapter here and hosted a car show on the local cable channel.

I see that someone else has sent you a PM, so you may already have all this information. If you would like, PM me and I can get you in touch with someone that can get you plugged into this activity.

By the way, was it your car that I saw at Sig's 6 or 8 months ago?

4. Saltie

Saltie Karting

Apr 23, 2008
    Silverdale, WA
    Full Name:
    Olin
    Yes, indeed it was. I was driving through the H3 Tunnel and got a flat tire. Normally not that big of a deal, but the tire came in off the rim which acted like a brake and threw me into the sidewalk. I'm still not exactly sure why there's a sidewalk in that tunnel, but I'm glad it's there. If it weren't, I'm sure the car would have been totaled. It went into Sig's in April and I got it back in December. It took forever, but I'm very happy with the work they did on it. Dan is good people.

5. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    Sig sold the business several years ago, but still keeps some storage space and an office on the property. He came by one day and said the body shop was looking for some Ferrari parts. The timing was perfect because in about a week, one of the mainland Ferrari parts suppliers was coming for a visit. When he arrived, I took him out to Sig's and he and Dan looked over the car and made up a list. I hope all that turned out well.

It is good to hear that the car is back on the road and that you are happy with the result.

6. AKA WANI

AKA WANI Rookie

Dec 7, 2007

7. sowest

sowest Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2006
    I never actually went to one of the "Coffee and Cars" gatherings, but I was on the e-mail list. I have not received an e-mail from them for several months. I asked a couple of customers if they knew the schedule, but they were not attendees either.

Feel free to PM me if you want to get some contact info for the people involved.

Actually, it might make some sense for me to call the fellow that maintains the mailing list and get the status of all the events and post them in the forum. I hate to start making sense, then it gets to be expected all the time. ;>)

8. AKA WANI

AKA WANI Rookie

Dec 7, 2007
    I just got the info from another forum, yes it will be this saturday 3/14 at nico's.
    Btw, I ate their yesterday and it was great.