OEM Sanden AC Compressor Wiring | FerrariChat

OEM Sanden AC Compressor Wiring

Discussion in '348/355' started by marbroman, Nov 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marbroman

marbroman Rookie

Jun 15, 2016
    Does anyone know the correct wiring set up for the OEM Sanden compressor for 1994 348 Spider?

I sent my OEM compressor off to Sanden in the states for a factory overhaul. I remember taking the original unit off the car and there was a small diode attached to the wiring, but I cannot find any reference to it in Sanden literature OR in the Ferrari literature. I still have to original diode, but it is a common item to replace if it checks out bad. It must have something to do with preventing back flow current from the magnetic clutch or something.

Right now I have a cheap Chinese compressor installed in the 348. I bought it from Ricambi a few years ago. It worked OK for a few years, but the seals dried up and the refrigerant has long since dissipated. I want to return the original Sanden to its proper place, but I want to make sure that diode is properly wired in. The Chinese unit did not appear to have this diode.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance,

Marbroman

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
  3. m.stojanovic

m.stojanovic F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2011
    Malaysia - KL
    Full Name:
    Miroljub Stojanovic
    Some Sandens have the diode within the clutch solenoid connector. Whether the 348's compressor originally has it or not, it is good to have a diode connected as shown in the Ian's post above (or in series if there is just one wire going to the compressor clutch).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

Qavion likes this.
  4. marbroman

marbroman Rookie

Jun 15, 2016
    THANK YOU !