"Official 365 GTC/4 pictures" thread ? | Page 12 | FerrariChat

"Official 365 GTC/4 pictures" thread ?

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by TTR, Jan 29, 2024.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Have you thought about using the new Fchat ads? Possibly the best targeted Ferrari audience on the planet.
    Best PreOwned Ferraris For Sale | ads.ferrarichat.com

2. -CD-

-CD- F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 7, 2005
    near the Nürburgring
    Full Name:
    Christian
    Yes, 7,5 are to small, 9 too big but with the 7,5 much more harmonious.

Bowzer likes this.
  3. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    TTR, -CD- and Bowzer like this.
  4. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Mike - although you have a spectacular car, it appears pricing on C4's is a bit soft at the moment.
    BAT would show real money for your car, as would the various auction house services. I hope you put a strong reserve on the car.... knowing you, it is perfect and one of the best color combos out there.;)

5. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Thanks.
    I'm not that familiar with BB's, but at least I learned something.

6. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    When was your C/4 crankcase ventilation canister inspected for residual rust content caused by crankcase condensation ?
    And to think it is an enclosed/recirculating system. :eek:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
  8. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    375+ likes this.
  9. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Good choice.
    If one looks at & understands all the styling features of a Daytona & C/4 (+ later Ferraris), it's quite obvious Cromodoras are/were important part of their "modern" (in period) design appeal/appearance.
    Borranis essentially made or makes them look "old fashioned" and/or "outdated".

Bowzer likes this.
  10. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Again, nothing official, but in reference to my exchange with @-CD- in his “brownie” thread, here’s what I pulled out earlier today.
    Rest of the delivery & return hoses, along with the carburetors will be next.

11. gcalex

gcalex Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2010
    Mostly New Hampshire USA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Hi Timo,

Do the Bendix pumps have the embossed branding on the tops?

-- Alex

12. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    These have "OBEN" stamped on the center of their top domes, along with "EIN" and "AUS" by the inlet & outlet ports + decals in German also stating "Made in Germany".

13. gcalex

gcalex Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2010
    Mostly New Hampshire USA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Wow, that is interesting...

I noticed the Tecalemit "Aeroquip" hose; also German. And also the same stuff that I found deep in the hard-to-replace bowels of my car.

It is hard to tell from the photo. Do the short hoses attached to the pumps also look to be that same Tecalemit stuff?

Also interesting that it looks like the filter bowl is the greenish-black, rather than the greenish-grey.

14. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Yes, the short and the engine bay hoses all appear to be Tecalemit, but as mentioned in the "brownie" thread, with different date codes (all from same '71-'72 "period" though).

And like in Christians "brownie", the main filter bowl/canister in this C/4 is black, rather than "greenish" you & I are used to seeing in Daytonas.

OTOH, while interesting, none of this is surprising, at least not to me.
    As mentioned before, I've encountered three different OE heater hose brands in Daytonas alone, so who knows how many others there might've been throughout the productions of C/4's, Dino's, Daytonas and other models of the same period. Keeps us on our toes though, right ? ;)

15. gcalex

gcalex Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2010
    Mostly New Hampshire USA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Well, I was surprised by the German pump. While it makes general sense, it never occurred to me that all the widely used English-language labels for the pumps might be wrong.

I was puzzled when I found that Tecalemit hose in my car, because it is actually not the "3/8th" that appears in the parts book; so while it seemed plausible me that it might indeed be original, I had been thinking it likely was not. So I was surprised to see the exact same stuff in your picture.

finally, I tend to think of those black bowls are being from a different type of filter. I have one, and have seen pictures of others, but the tops look tangibly different than the ones in Daytonas (or in your picture).

16. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    This is not the first unrestored, mostly original equipment 365 I've encountered with these "Bendix lizenz" APG pumps.

All these (Tecalemit) hoses have a printed "-6" designation in some form or another and I believe it is a reference to "AN" (US Army-Navy) specification with -6 AN referring to any hose with 3/8" ID.

17. gcalex

gcalex Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2010
    Mostly New Hampshire USA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Boy, finding German pumps of the right model would have to rate as one of the hardest "unobtainium" searches I can imagine... :)

Thanks for the background on the "AN" designation; since in the contest of my experiences, I only saw those designations associated with what I have always call "Aeroquip type" fittings, it never occurred to me that AN-6 mapped to 3/8" at one point (it certainly does not these days).

18. gcalex

gcalex Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2010
    Mostly New Hampshire USA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Hi Timo,

I forgot to ask, do the labels on those pumps look like stickers, or do they look like decals?

I've got a really only pump that I bought for reference purposes, and it looks like it has a decal...

19. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    Stickers.

20. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    EDIT:
    I just googled “decal vs sticker” and based on the offered explanation, I have to change my answer to be decal.

21. gcalex

gcalex Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2010
    Mostly New Hampshire USA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    Bummer… I guess I’ll be making some decals…

Somehow, i just can’t abide by the notion that a sticker is an acceptable substitute for decals or silk screenings…

22. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Hi Timo I need to ask you a question regarding brake disks if you do not mind. What is the least allowable thickness of brake disks for the C/4 ? Thank you.

23. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    #298 TTR, Jul 2, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2024
    According to the workshop* manual, front = 30mm, rear = 20mm, both after resurfacing.

*I highly recommend you (or any owner) to obtain one. Quality reprints are readily available at low cost. Any and all factory provided reference literature, even as a reprint, is some of the best money anyone can spend on their vintage car(s).

24. Bowzer

Bowzer Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2016
    MALTA
    Full Name:
    Marcus
    Thank you TIMO, I just need to check that my mechanic who is 2400km away from me has not resurfaced too much. He is having problems. As regards to the workshop manual , it is with him in the car ;-)

25. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I know this thread is focused on originality.
    However, having scraped my non original SS mufflers due to poor ground clearance too many times, I opted to remove and replace them with straight pipes all the way back to the resonators. I know a guy with a Daytona that did this with no problems. Having posted a similar thread over on the 365 GT4 2+2/400 section, and received several inquiries, I thought I would add to this thread.
    1-3/4" pipes. A little bit louder but not much. No drone. Much better ground clearance, although you still have to watch the headers going over any large irregularities. And about 70-80# of weight loss.
    One of these days I'll figure out how to upload video so you hear how little difference it made.

samsaprunoff and turbo-joe like this.