Official 612 OTO Picture Thread! | FerrariChat

Official 612 OTO Picture Thread!

Discussion in '612/599' started by Bronzage, Jun 24, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    #1 Bronzage, Jun 24, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Anthony James likes this.
  2. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    #3 WCH, Jun 24, 2009
  3. SL%%

SL%% Formula Junior

Feb 25, 2008
    Sorry I don't have any pictures to contribute but just wanted to say that these pictures are AMAZING!!!! Never have I thought that the 612 would look this good in OTO version.

4. dgfhdfgh

dgfhdfgh Guest

Jan 30, 2009
    This thread just made waiting for delivery a bit harder...My OTO is a touch delayed, something that I understand is common due to an adjustment of operations of certain suppliers.

Brilliant photos; Bronzage, a very good idea!

5. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Olympus, I am in the same shoes as you, my OTO was supposed to be deliverd in May, now am counting the days. Was told its finished today. Hope I can posts pics soon. I will keep posting pics of other OTO's as well.

MJ

6. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
  7. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
  8. dgfhdfgh

dgfhdfgh Guest

Jan 30, 2009
    Thanks MJ; my original delivery was slatted for the end of June and is now looking like mid-to-end July. It would be quite interesting to see how far off the chassis numbers will be!

John

9. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    I should get her next week!!!!! WOooohooooo!!!

10. pterps

pterps F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2006
    Netherlands, Zwolle
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #12 pterps, Jun 29, 2009
  11. dgfhdfgh

dgfhdfgh Guest

Jan 30, 2009
    Brilliant news. I am waiting for confirmation that paint is completed by Zanasi, which is of course crucial for a July completion and delivery. Otherwise, it is going to be after the August recess.

12. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    johns930, love the "chang image" photos of your car, beautiful. Is the interior terra bruciatta?

13. johns930

johns930 Formula 3

May 9, 2005
    #15 johns930, Jun 29, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2009
    i dont know the correct lingo, my sales guy just tells me its "chocolate".
    I thought it was nasty when i first saw it, but loved it after i took delivery! haha.

here's some photos of what a local magazine took of my car.
    U can barely see it but even the floors and sides are covered in leather, not carpeting.
    Only the floor mat and trunk linings are of a suede material, everything else is just leather :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

more here :

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. big.bryant

big.bryant Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2008
    Boulder, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bryant
    OTO stands for One-to-One right?

Sorry to be a total noob but how do you tell the difference between a 612 and a 612 OTO?

Regardless these are some fantastic shots! :D

15. Blown Z

Blown Z Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2006
  16. big.bryant

big.bryant Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2008
    Boulder, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Bryant
  17. dgfhdfgh

dgfhdfgh Guest

Jan 30, 2009
    #19 dgfhdfgh, Jul 16, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2009
    Update: my OTO is delayed further. It is in paint and at the factory but it is touch-and-go as to whether it'll be completed before the August recess. I am hearing that OTOs having a lot of specific options may be delayed due to the reduced output of certain suppliers in Italy and elsewhere.

As a personal observation, I feel that it's a good thing that Ferrari is not rushing to finish these cars just to collect the relevant pennies but every effort is expended in completing them to the appropriate standard. It would also be good to hear whether any Atelier-specific 599s are delayed as well due to the slightly different process of completing the 599 compared to the 612.

I am also told that the 612 will proceed unchanged until the end of production, a comment I felt that was not mere marketing talk.

18. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    I think that the OTO was the mid-model update for the 612.

19. Bronzage

Bronzage Formula 3

Sep 18, 2007
    West Africa
    Full Name:
    MJ
    Its finally here....actually...been too busy driving it for past 10 days... will post pics soon. I just have to say...it was better than expected!!!

20. omd78

omd78 F1 World Champ

Dec 26, 2005
    Breda, Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Martin
    Nice! More pics of the delivery at the factory?

Any news?

Gr. Martin

21. dgfhdfgh

dgfhdfgh Guest

Jan 30, 2009
    Brilliant news MJ, enjoy!

My OTO is now booked for an early September delivery; it is painted (by Zanasi, thanks Marco) but will not be released from road testing+final inspection prior to the recess. I am picking her up at Maranello immediately after a business commitment at the beginning of September.

22. Genyosai

Genyosai Formula Junior

May 28, 2008
    SC
    Full Name:
    Nicholas
    OTO (I think) can definitely be spotted from the exterior easily because of the glass roof (electrochromatic). From the exterior, the car MAY have challenge style rims as well. If you can get a look at the interior, however, you'll definitely see the steering wheel with the engine start button if it's an OTO. Things you can't see?? The faster shifting F1 gearbox and the twin-disc clutch.

You may also be able to tell if the particular car has a host of interior trim colors that don't really seem to go together :) You see, the OTO model is designated as such only because Ferrari chose to introduce their one-to-one personalization program using the 612. Maserati does the same, and I suspect they chose the 612 for the Ferrari introduction to the OTO program because it's the closest Ferrari-badged vehicle to a Maserati.

Wish Mine was an OTO only for the twin-disc clutch system. The twin-disc that was in my 06 Quattroporte was awesome.

--Nick

23. Willian726

Willian726 Karting

Nov 19, 2007
    Cleveland Heights
    Full Name:
    Ian
    #25 Willian726, Aug 10, 2009