OHIO: Route 5 along Lake Erie | FerrariChat

OHIO: Route 5 along Lake Erie

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by jimshadow, Sep 19, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    Anyone know this road? Taking a road trip and thinking of driving along Lake Erie on my way out east.

BDM348 likes this.
  2. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    Hello Jim, Wondering if you might be inquiring about Route 6? From Toledo eastward one can take Route 2 through Bono, Port Clinton, over the Sandusky Bay Bridge, and then pick up Route 6 eastbound on the west side of Huron, Ohio. 6 then takes you east into Clevo's west 'burbs and out the E side where you'll want to jog north to more follow the lakeshore perhaps again on 2 and then 20. At Geneva cut north on Ohio Rt. 534 to Geneva-on-the-Lake and then proceed E on Ohio Rt. 531 to Conneaut. Jog back to Route 20, then to PA Route 5 for Erie, PA. If you go through Erie you should allow time to do the driving tour of their Presque Isle State Park!

BDM348 likes this.
  3. jimshadow

jimshadow F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Feb 19, 2006
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    JIM
    I'm an idiot! You are correct! I was looking further east and seeing "5" thinking it was in Ohio. Thanks for the clarity!

Jim

BDM348 likes this.
  4. alum04org

alum04org F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 23, 2009
    Plymouth, MI
    We -all- know you're NOT an idiot. :D I have no familiarity with PA-5 along the Erie lakeshore. But it would be a fun drive and keep you from the unscrupulous and exorbitant tolls demanded by the Ohio Turnpike!

jimshadow and BDM348 like this.