OnStar (And my girlfriend's knucklehead son!) | FerrariChat

OnStar (And my girlfriend's knucklehead son!)

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by PeterS, Mar 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Melodie's 20 year-old son worked in a body shop. He was screwing around with some buttons on a customer's OnStar system today. Ten minutes later, three cops showed up at the business with full lights and sirens! I guess the owner works for the DOD and had some special codes plugged into his OnStar unit! I laughed my a$$ off over that one!

2. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Are you serious!?!?! What kind of special buttons where they?

3. Rexcoltrain

Rexcoltrain Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    Oahu, Hawaii
    When I used to work at Avis, my service agents would come running in saying the car was talking to them. They would hit the Onstar button cleaning the rearview and the operator would start talking to them.

4. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Another (true) OnStar story:

This lady had onstar in her SUV. Her husband borrowed the car and was gone for quite a while. She got worried that something might have happened to him, so she called onstar to locate the vehicle... they located it alright - it was at a motel where her husband was having an affair!

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Classc! LOL :D

6. lotustt

lotustt Formula 3

Aug 28, 2002
    Full Name:
    TRM

mental note: Dont get onstar or disconnect it.

7. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Another true Classic On-star Story:

Friend had just bought a new truck with O.S. We were all camping that night ready to go rafting the next morning in a campground with ~150 other campers. After a few select beverages, he decided to show us how O.S. worked, but instead of hitting the info button, he hit the 911 red button. We got an operator, but just like a cell phone, where we were, the reception was spotty at best. We could hear her, but she could not hear us. She kept saying " Mr. Beck, are you injured..over and over and over" Finally, we gave up trying to get directions to the local liquor store, and closed the connection. 15 minutes later, 4 Volunteer Fire trucks show up and cross the river on a dirt road,a Helicopter and more CHP and Sheriff then we knew what to do with. We were still all drinking around the campfire wondering what all the commotion was, and decided to head to bed around 1-. At 3.30, the Sheriff came to the truck, read the VIN (as he still had dealer plates on) and went to each tent in our area, looking for Mr. Beck.

Apparently, the On-star signal had sent an "AirBag deployed signal", and the GPS was about 30 feet off, on the other side of the river/in the river.

Oh, and all the Firefighters, were guides on the raft trip, so they were not to happy with Mr Beck, as the day started at 7am, and they were on a bogus call till 3.30.

8. tigermilk

tigermilk Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    James P. Smith
    The Onstar commericals on the radio are hilarious. I chuckle each time I hear the stupidity of these car owners. My favorite has to be where some lady calls in and says she accidentally flushed her keys down the toilet.

9. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    OS...your best friend....or worst enemy, i think i will stick with the yahoo!maps and coins in my pocket for a call on a pay phone lol

10. cabrio_fan

cabrio_fan Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    Another OS true store:

My co-worker went driving with his brother who works at a new car dealership. Brother got a new Escalade for a sales driver -- complete with OnStar. Co-worker and his brother were driving around late one night with the Escalade when they decided to push the OS button to ask for the nearest pizza place. OS operator came on the line, told them where they were, and how to get to the nearest pizza place. The two gents stopped the Caddy and my co-worker asked, "How detailed ~is~ our location?" [Keep in mind this is very late at night now...] The OS operator said that the on-board GPS unit was VERY detailed (based on reception of course) and that she recommend that they not sit in the MIDDLE of the interestion for tooooo long!

11. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris