Open source virtual Fchat-designprocess: NEW DINO | Page 53 | FerrariChat

Open source virtual Fchat-designprocess: NEW DINO

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Michiel Mobiel, May 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. e_t_s

e_t_s Rookie

Mar 31, 2006
    Well, I have always been drawing cars, but photoshopping them is new to me (this is my second PS-car). I thought about giving the Dino a shot, but never came round to doing it... Maybe I will one of these days, if time is on my side (a couple of small music references...)

Anyway, the car I just showed was NOT intended as a Dino, I know it's way to aggressive. Also the wheels are insane, but hey, I had to go chrome-crazy as I just found a great tutorial for doing that.

Just thought about something; Is anyone playing with interior design for the Dino??

PS: Skimming through my new Evo-magazine I saw they drove the Murcielago LP640 in white, and my god, it just cemented the fact that Lamborghini today shows the best car design. It looks excactly how a Lambo should, all agressive and outrageous. Hope the F-chat Dino will represent Ferrari design in the same way, all beauty and performance.

2. mercedesbenze55amg

mercedesbenze55amg Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    the design im doing is interior, exterior wheels, engine astetics, trunk, everything

3. e_t_s

e_t_s Rookie

Mar 31, 2006
    Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing all the final design propositions.

4. mercedesbenze55amg

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    #1304 mercedesbenze55amg, Dec 5, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    please dont kill me for this... i feel as it looks too much like the F1 in the front..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Fuoriserie

Fuoriserie Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Italy
    Hold it right there....I don't give a flying fig or (something else)....about what you, or others think how good my doodles/sketches look!!!!! They are just that, ideas on paper, not renderings to dazzle the viewer with special effects!

This was supposed to be an open forum design, where we all contributed ideas, doodles , sketches, and hopefully find an idea for a spiritual successor to the Dino.
    Maybe you haven't read the whole post....but I'm old enough to feel secure enough, to do this for a living in the real world.....what do you do?

This project for me, has always been a lunch break, 5-10 minites doodles, sketches scanned and posted ,with no particular interest to impress you or others, but to contribute ideas to the project...and I think you can check this thread, if you need any proof.

If I need to impress someone on a daily basis, that would have to be my client, because he pays me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, and i'm not getting paid to do this...,I/we are all doing it, or were doing it for fun!!! That's the spirit...

Now in reference, to the "kindergarten ....ing" or the whining, i haven't seen any , but if you have, please point it out to us, and maybe what you consider whining, for others it's a thoughtfull discussion...

Maybe you should be really careful when you talk to someone that you don't know personally......especially you should take into consideration cultural differences, different nationalities.... in certain parts of the world, remarks like that could get you in deep trouble......I'll leave it here.

Just remember that respect for others is paramount, in any part of the world......or should be..
    Rant over.
    Have a nice day

6. mercedesbenze55amg

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    Its not that you were whining i think its just your change in how you viewed the thread caught us all off guard, I know it caught me off guard. We really would like you to stay in the team (Michiel and I included) your artistic style is great and not a style i see often. :-D

7. e_t_s

e_t_s Rookie

Mar 31, 2006
    Excactly. Don't get so offended, it wasn't meant as an offense, I just don't understand how you sounded like you didn't wan't to contribute to the process any longer. I am sorry Fuoriserie.

Keep the designs coming everybody.

8. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    Enough said.

LET'S HAVE FUN!

9. Fuoriserie

Fuoriserie Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Italy
    Apology accepted...,

10. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Are you now in charge of this "team"?

I am gone for a few days and I see what appears to be someone relatively new to the thread appointing themselves to pick the winner of this Dino design process. Now we have some people who have been participating for some time upset.

I thought anyone interested would submit their ideas and we would all discuss, and then pick a winner. I never belived there would be a clear cut winner, but that ideas from most or all design submissions would be included.

It almost looks like the process is over because of this post.

Michiel?

11. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    Mercedesbenze55amg was supposed to be part of the team from the beginning.
    I haven't heard of him since so I invited him to review the sketches posted so far.

We agree there is NO winner yet.
    I just needed some expert viewing to learn from.

12. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    To come up with the right concept it is VERY important to listen to the ques and expertise from Velicityengineer and Mercedesbenze55amg.
    All the wild ideas should be incorporated into some realistic concepts.
    Using the tips mentioned in this stage is very useful to combine various details to get to the first realistic concepts.

If we would do a voting right now and some winning concepts would appear to be dangerous or unreal, then we'd have a problem and could start all over.

13. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

1) Then I suggest that an introduction as to qualifications of these individuals is in order. That way, the person receiving the comments knows it is comming from someone that has knowledge, not just a personal opinion. Enginneering is engineering, aesthetics is purely subjective. Blending the two requries knowledge. Yet.......

2) Additionally, we can all make comments, but the method in which they are delivered determines if they are constructive or defeating. We may have avoided recent reactions with a little care in this area.

I made a suggestion months ago as to a submission process, and repeated it just a few days ago. That all final designs be submitted in January, and we would discuss and ultimately "vote" in February. Is this a workable idea? If not, then what is?

14. mercedesbenze55amg

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    My qualifications? I have worked in HVAC, Aero and fluid design. I own my own company that has been open now for 11 years. Also I studied in Automobile design in AAC in SF. As for Velicityengineer.. i think the cad renderings he graciously supplied us is enough of a qualification.. And for some of the comments, I will admit to being abit hurried so the wording didnt come out as hoped and i am truly sorry i never ment to offend anyone, i just want to see the fruits of OUR labor work out :)

15. mercedesbenze55amg

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    Far from it, i was taking one design at a time starting with Ernestos because alot of people liked it. I havent had much time to participate activly becaues i own my own business, Since business has slowed i can now help out, not take over

16. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    #1317 Michiel Mobiel, Dec 6, 2006
  17. pterps

pterps F1 Veteran

Aug 18, 2006
    Netherlands, Zwolle
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I didn't follow this thread for a while, but wow these pictures are great Michiel (and others ofcourse).

18. mercedesbenze55amg

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    Ill have a aero report on ur designs by 2:00

19. DieCast MotorSports

DieCast MotorSports Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2004
    Michigan, USA
    #1320 DieCast MotorSports, Dec 6, 2006
  20. 330 4HL

330 4HL Formula 3

May 12, 2005
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Rick Bradner
    wow; now that's truly dreadful.
    the front leans heavily on the Elise;-in my mind, the worst part of that car and the grille doesn't even follow the contour of the front deck...

the front deck has a lump in it; to what end?

also, the "gills" on the C pillar don't line up in any way with the window line.

there is a LOT wrong with that car.

21. e_t_s

e_t_s Rookie

Mar 31, 2006
    That "2010 Dino" is really just another display of how it shouldn't look.
    It's just a mix of a 599 and Cayman with some hideously vulgar curves at the rear. The front grille doesn't follow the contour of the front, as 330 4HL pointed out, which just makes it look like it's laughing which just makes it look silly.

Bad, bad, bad.

22. fazza

fazza Rookie

Aug 1, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Sid
  23. mercedesbenze55amg

Aug 15, 2004
    Plymouth Ma.
    Full Name:
    J. Nutter
    the first two the only problem i see is the cut in the front lip, it all depends on how the underbody is made, if we shape it correctly it will work out fine, as for the flowing lines into the intake, while it diverts the air at the same time it hinders it abit

24. CrazyEnzo

CrazyEnzo Formula Junior

Jul 31, 2006
    CANADA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Make changes! it looks like someone could put the title the
    NEW (FERRARI CAYMAN ELISE). it just has the bumper of the 599 or even a shotter version of the 599 , the 430 wheels, the lines of a cayman, and the front lights as well as grills like an elise.