Open source virtual Fchat-designprocess: NEW DINO | Page 54 | FerrariChat

Open source virtual Fchat-designprocess: NEW DINO

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Michiel Mobiel, May 20, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    Don't know and really don't care.
    There are other threads about the rumours and these bad photoshops.
    Please stick to our own new Dino design in this thread.

2. Fuoriserie

Fuoriserie Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2006
    Italy
    A little early, but wont have time in the comming days, still in the full frenzy, and hopefully, last days of Christmas shopping,.......let me wish everyone involved in this project,

A MERRY CHRISTMAS 2006!!!!!

Will be back....:)

Ciao
    Italo

3. mylesofsmyles

mylesofsmyles Rookie

Aug 28, 2004
    LAS VEGAS, NV
    #1328 mylesofsmyles, Dec 20, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I just can't understand what the executive design staff at Ferrari were thinking. I am all for the recreation of the Dino; it will look fantastic next to the potential upcoming Lamborghini Muria, and all the other retro recreations of iconic sports cars. To start, what is with the Prancing Horses and Ferrari Insignia? The original Dino was free from any Ferrari markings in a way to pay hommage to Dino Ferrari; this theme should be carried through. Also, how did the Dino start? It was the founding father for the mid-engine V8 series we love today; 308-430. Why front engine? The car needs to be reworked into a V6, mid-engine sports car; Lotus Elise esque in size and performance; not to mention, this pre-production retro-Dino, in no way encompases any of the styling elements of the original Dino. $90,000-$110,000 if a mainstream production car, $120,000-$150,000 if highly exclusive build. The earlier posted digital rendering is much closer to what I had in mind when considering the rebirth of the Dino. It is rare that I ever say this, but this is one Ferrari I would rather not have in my garage. Attached is my favorite retro-Dino ever; this I would buy!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. Ernesto Freitas

Ernesto Freitas Karting

Aug 6, 2006
    Portugal
    I want to wish you all and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year...

I will have news early next year! Not sure if all will be happy with them, but if you people like red cars, you will like it very much.

I will keep you posted!

Best Regards from Portugal,

Ernesto Freitas

5. rdesign

rdesign Rookie

Nov 18, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jorg Ploeger
    Beutifal designs Michiel,
    I exprerience with Ferrari lines, here comes so fast new sketches of A Dino. I hope so. Many designs coming and going away. Now is a time to post a sketch.

6. velocityengineer

velocityengineer Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    Globally
    Full Name:
    Eric Dahl
    Ferrari is NOT, I repeat, NOT developing a new Dino.

They have all they can handle to keep up with current demand and develop new variations of what exists. You can relax.

What happened here? all the fire died in this thread.

7. Fuoriserie

Mar 24, 2006
    Italy
    I also thought the same thing...I was hoping that this project, was going to create a bonding, in the pursuit of the final design, an infectious enthusiasm for this new Dino project, but unfortunately it didn't.........

Most early design contributors dissapeared, or quit when things started to get interesting.......

I think you will see more renderings from others, but having thought about it, i decided that my final design will not be shown ....I will use it for something else.

It was fun while it lasted (briefly!), but it's over for me.

Will watch the thread from time to time.....

So long.

8. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    I recently moved to my new home and am still sitting here surrounded by piles of boxes...
    I have no internet connection yet, so I can't do much for the moment. :( :(

9. e_t_s

e_t_s Rookie

Mar 31, 2006
    That's a shame! Be sure to show us whatever this "something else" is!

10. Ernesto Freitas

Ernesto Freitas Karting

Aug 6, 2006
    Portugal

Yeh, Right! For the time you spend saying that you will show a "FINAL" render to us, you probably were building a real car... not a rendering!!!!

:D

Anyway, it's a shame you loose confidence in yourself!

BTW: People have a life too, you know?

About my particular position on this design thread:

I was contacted by a company, to know if I were interested in designing the new Dino for them!
    Probably based in the samples I've shown here, they were very interested about my work and things get along!
    As you might understand, I cannot work on this thread directly any longer, but there will be a "Dino" soon! If you want a Dino, you will have one!
    Even better, you all know at least a bit, how the car could end up look like , right?
    Well, not exactly as the drawings I've posted, but close!

I will keep you posted as I have something that I can show you!

This was the chance that I was looking for... I had to pick it up!

Ernesto

11. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
    WOW Ernesto!
    That is great!
    I'm very happy you gave yourself the right exposure through your participation here on Fchat.
    That was exactly what I was hoping for!

Congratulations!

I'll be back online soon and will contact you asap about the other project.
    Good luck with your Dino and we'll catch up soon!

12. DieCast MotorSports

DieCast MotorSports Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2004
    Michigan, USA
    Congratulations Ernesto. You have a lot of talent and now you will get to showcase to the world (besides FChat) what you can do. Definately keep us posted.

13. Fuoriserie

Mar 24, 2006
    Italy
    What a funny line.....but you were close, in fact I was going to post images of a 1/5 scale model based on my final renderings....

So I didn't get the chance to build the real car, but instead a model , where are you in the process?
    That was going to be my surprise for this thread, but will keep it for others to see in more detail....

In reference to the confidence remark, I have enough for my daily design work, so i'm not really worried..:D

Just not to forget the other point, we all have a life Ernesto, but thanks for letting us know, that you have one too...

Ciao

14. Ernesto Freitas

Ernesto Freitas Karting

Aug 6, 2006
    Portugal
    :D:D:D:D Yes... It's funny because that cross my mind a few times... Don't know why! But it did... That's why I said that!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

For others why? If you made it for this thread... You should be interested about showing your work. And, as I am, others are interested to see the result!!!!

That was just my personal opinion! And still is, unless something changes that!

:D:D:D:D:D:D Great... And good for you!

Regards,
    Ernesto

15. e_t_s

e_t_s Rookie

Mar 31, 2006
  16. 330 4HL

330 4HL Formula 3

May 12, 2005
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Rick Bradner
    well, with the original target for date posting "final" designs of Dec.1 long gone and the second deadline of Jan 1 gone as well, we still haven't seen a single one.

it seems as if this thread has faded to nothing.

what a let down...

17. C'one

C'one Karting

Sep 27, 2004
    France
    Well done Ernesto!

18. rdesign

rdesign Rookie

Nov 18, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jorg Ploeger
    I will post a sketch of a Dino, now are bussy with ohter design processes.
    I have now two speed process to finish. Succes with the winner!

19. Michiel Mobiel

Michiel Mobiel Formula 3

Mar 27, 2006
    Holland
    Full Name:
    Michiel van den Brink
  20. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Looking at the engineering cutaway, the engine appears to be behind the rear axle. Solves some packaging challenges and creates others.
    While we should wait and see it in person, I think the designs in this thread are more engaging, but they've got that aero-blob thing going on.
    I wish them the best for success with this - it takes courage to do this. Now if only Alfa would make a Diva-based car. :)

21. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def

Where do you get such information?

Ferrari is truly working on a new Dino to be introduced in late 2008. It is based on the discontinued Maserati coupe, V-8, FRONT engined. Nothing mentioned so far about badging. It will come into the USA in the same quantities as the current other three models combined. Target pricing is in the neighborhood of $160,000 US.

This info comes from within Ferrari.

I would have much preferred Michiel's design as it captures what I will always think of as the Dino. In fact, I would even have preferred that the Alfa 8C be the basis for the new Dino, but since that car will be in the USA at the same time, that would have appeared as to GM-like.

22. rdesign

rdesign Rookie

Nov 18, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jorg Ploeger
    It's a real Dino, now must be Ferrari born a Dino. Ferrari will not build a Dino. A legende going away....

I have here beautifal designs watched, passion is here!

23. rdesign

rdesign Rookie

Nov 18, 2006
    Full Name:
    Jorg Ploeger
    Well done Ernesto!

24. Ernesto Freitas

Ernesto Freitas Karting

Aug 6, 2006
    Portugal
    #1349 Ernesto Freitas, Mar 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hello guys.

Long time now, I know…

As you already know, I was “forced” to stop my part of this thread’s design process once I was contacted to work on a “real” Dino project. Of course, the model I’ve designed is not meant to be a real Ferrari Dino, but even so, it’s my vision of what it could be if I was at Ferrari!

Not all people will like it, of course. Even the chassis or drive train choices could be wrong or incorrect, but it will see the sun light soon and hopefully, in a first instance in a form of a 1/1 scale model, but then in a form of a perfect running prototype.

I’m just showing a small part of the model, since I can’t show more then that… You, FChaters, are the first to see this… Be patient. After all, this design started here… I like to think that this is a Ferrari P4/5 “déjà vu” design process thing, starting to be a usual thing in this forum :)
    BTW: I was trying to contact you, Michiel, for a couple of months now… Not sure what happened!

Best Regards from Portugal,
    Ernesto Freitas

25. chp

chp Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2005
    Christo was your coworker? :D

I`m looking forward to see it in full detail!