Opinions from the Experts | FerrariChat

Opinions from the Experts

Discussion in '612/599' started by George Vosburgh, Jul 20, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

2. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    It is a very nice looking car. You would be the 5th owner. Did you talk to Merlin? Is that how you know about the shocks and clutch? I'm surprised that this was not covered in the advertisement.

Here is a link to the iseecars site that has further links to CarFax, stolen cars, etc. that you can click thru and will give you a good history of the car:

https://www.iseecars.com/vin-ZFFFC60A680159843-c5086

3. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Thank you John.

4. Jgivoo

Jgivoo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2016
    New Jersey
    Sent you a PM

5. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    im from the area. i have never ever seen a 599 out during a track day, hpde, etc. ever.

6. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    and that is way too much

7. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    There is a 2010 HGTE for sale above in FerrariAds, with HGTE, for very little more money and owned by a long time FChatter. Would much rather have that one, especially since nobody has monkeyed with the suspension/shocks.

8. Merlin Auto Group

Merlin Auto Group Formula Junior
    BANNED

Nov 18, 2016
    Atlanta
    Hi all - adding a few comments for clarification. The clutch still has 39% remaining. If it needed a clutch, we would replace the clutch. The tires are indeed new, but not the wheels.

9. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    599 shocks bleed out so regularly, if I were planning on keeping it I'd pick up a car with them changed out for coilovers.. Wouldn't blink an eye. I was quoted $6k a corner by Ferrari to replace them on my '07 with about 10k miles, needed both rears, and that's just parts. I got them at 25% that from Eurospares, but it's still the same design and will bleed again eventually.

Re clutch, eating 60% in 20k miles is pretty bad, but I don't that necessarily proves anything other than the car launched more often than most. That's where you eat clutch more than shifting, engaging 1st. Would be interesting to know how the throwout bearing looks, could tell some of the story.

Neither if these would give me pause buying the car. With 40% remaining on a F1-S, if you drive it civilized, should last another 20k easy.

George Vosburgh likes this.
  10. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    bob - who makes a CO kit ? KV ?

11. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    I had to google that to know for sure, and yes.

I'm facing the same dilemma with my '06 Cayenne TTS, eventually the air shocks, control module, compressor and pneumatics will all start going bad and I could well replace that system for normal shocks, too.