Opinions needed on 488 terms | FerrariChat

Opinions needed on 488 terms

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Dansage, May 7, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Hi all...Seeing as my 458 is now a dud I've decided to pickup a 488 spider. Decided to balloon finance as I have better ways to use my cash then sinking it into a car. I've been given the following terms from the dealer through FFS. If it matters the car is brand new with only 40 miles on it.

MSRP: $342,101

Down: $125K

Financing: $217,122.00

5.99% rate on 60 month balloon which is 40% of msrp at end of term.

Finance Charge: $53,323.81

Total: $270,445.81

Final Cost: $395,445.81

Just some notes on my credit profile: I'm 20 and self employed, low 8 figure income, 750 FICO. I do realize the rate is high but that's a symptom of my age and lack of history. How did I do? Keep in mind I'll only own the car through the summer so not paying anywhere near that final cost.

2. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
  3. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    8 figure income?? And you can't stroke a check for 200K. And the best interest rate you can get is 6%? Bull5hit.

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    So, in effect, you need to be able to make $53K on roughly $200K in 5 years. or 5%/year. Doable, unless something goes horribly wrong.

On the other hand, you are paying $53K above MSRP in order to have the chance.
    Whereas if you just bought the car, you save $53K up front and don't have to make money with your money.

Why do you think your 458 is a dud?

5. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    I can stroke a check, if you read my post you'd see I don't want too. 8 figure income from the sale of a business is not insane by any means. I can get 4% through a bank but they will not let me register in Montana.

I made another thread about it. Ends up I bought a car with significant undisclosed paint damage. As for interest, as I stated I only plan on keeping the car for a few months. I am ordering another one through tailor made so in effect I'm paying interest for only a few months.

6. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    8 figures from the sale of a business is not income but a one time event. Income is a continual flow of $$$

7. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    I realize that. I have a continual employment contract for 5 years plus options and whatever I make on my money which should easily cross 10. I'm not doing napkin math the first thing I did when I made money was put it with good managers which in my case was JPM's private bank.

daytona355 likes this.
  8. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Hard to say right now how you did. Come September they're going to rape you to get out of the lease.

BTW, I don't know where you live, but registering the car in MT has its perils. If you live in a state that frowns on that practice, don't let anyone who doesn't like you see those plates.

9. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
    I read just fine. And you're full of crap. Your "paint" thread was full of questionable info...

Move on folks... a child posting from mommy's basement between popping pimples.

10. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Hmm that’s funny. Awefully stupid to have an insurance policy for an imaginary car then..
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Also I assume being behind the wheel in my c4s means I’m somewhere in mommy’s basement?

Attached Files:

12. Simon^2

Simon^2 F1 World Champ

Oct 17, 2005
    At Sea Level
  13. Alcav5

Alcav5 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2012
    Scarsdale, NY
    Full Name:
    Al
    ahh, the watch pic, that belongs in the " what are you wearing thread", just saying... :)

14. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Lol the time of the post and time of your watch don’t match also lol at that cheap watch, if I made 8 figures it would be tourbillon or bust.

Demigod555 and AshAP like this.
  15. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    8 figures? Just get a McLaren F1. Even though you're 20, yolo.

phrogs likes this.
  16. Viperjoe

Viperjoe F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dansage - Please stop. You're embarrassing yourself!

17. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    Insatiable. Mostly for my own amusement if there's anyone in battery park in NYC who wants to come see my cars in person and confirm I do indeed exist for the forum please feel free to reach out.

18. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    1) Why would you pay msrp for a car that is significantly discounted? You obviously didn't order it and it is not new so this is a red flag.

2) Who is successful enough to build a business and sell for 8 figures and need to go on a forum to ask financial advice on buying a car? Makes no sense. Ask your guys at JPM... Thats what they are there for.

19. Dansage

Dansage Karting

May 20, 2012
    1) see the purchase order and look at the mileage it's a new car

2) I asked JPM and they will not title it in Montana. Additionally, I asked because I have no clue what the range on FFS rates are and there are very few data points online.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

daytona355 likes this.
  20. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    Reguardless of anything else I hope that your money is at least generating a decent return. As a more seasoned business man my advice is skip this car and wait for the tailor made car. But if I had the money you have when I was your age I’d probably splurge too. To me the rate is the dealbreaker, and you are assuming you will be able to unload the car right away which might not happen. You could be stuck paying for 2 cars. It might be a better idea to purchase the car outright, order your tailor made and recoup what you can when it does finally sell. In the end only you know what your financial situation is but if it were me I’d either pass on this car and find another car as a placeholder until the new car came in.

21. F355 Fan 82

F355 Fan 82 F1 Veteran

Jul 22, 2006
    Jesus, I dont know why anyone takes these threads seriously. He's got an 8 figure income from sale of a business at 20? That right there is all you need to know about this thread.

22. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    If you're doing 45 in a residential neighborhood & caught by someone like say, Dirty Harry of SFPD, that's going on your Permanent Record.

"I am weak-ish on snatch" ~ joker57676

23. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Not for nothing , but did you check with your insurance company to make sure they will insure you ? I would want that answer before I purchased. Best , Kirk.
    Ps. Check with your banker for a better rate , that seems high. And I think the Montana plate is a mistake. There are no free rides bro. Pay the tax and be done with it.

24. AshAP

AshAP Karting

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ash
    Are you 20 or 28? Your fchat profile says you’re 28 but that could be wrong of course.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Natkingcolebasket69 likes this.
  25. pizzadude

pizzadude Formula 3

Feb 20, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    I don’t get these threads at all....
    This one...
    The other one where the guy is just out of school....talking about getting a 600k house....300k car. He has another one too.
    They keep asking questions then changing the car, or the price or what ever .....to string the thread along.
    It’s straight up trolling...
    I think anyway....

Jakuzzi likes this.