Oscar Scaglietti RIP | FerrariChat

Oscar Scaglietti RIP

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Marcel Massini, Mar 24, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Today Oscar Scaglietti, son of legendary coachbuilder Sergio Scaglietti, passed away in Modena, Italy.
    Oscar was to be one of the honorary guests at the 25th Amelia Island Concours two weeks ago but could not travel from Italy to USA and his trip was cancelled in the very last minute.

May he rest in peace.

Marcel Massini

afterburner, Themaven, m5shiv and 2 others like this.
  2. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Oscar Scaglietti was 8 years old when his father, Sergio Scaglietti, manufactured the first body for a Ferrari. In 1959, on the day he turned 14 (and was legally eligible for work), Oscar entered the family carrozzeria in Modena. He started as an errand boy, and his father wanted him to learn the art of coachbuilding the hard way. By 16, he was in Turin at Pinin Farina, sharing the office with the general manager for two years to learn how to manage a coachbuilding company. Back home, he became fully involved in the family business and later, when the Scaglietti carrozzeria was already part of Ferrari, Scaglietti managed the Area Esperienze (R&D) for more than 35 years. He was the "father" of many technologies, from carbon fiber to synthetic manetrials that are still used today in Ferrari cars. He was particularly proud of his direct involvement in the 275 Spider NART, Dino and F40, and that some of the technology has been used by NASA in space missions.

Marcel Massini

Sig. Roma, enio45, franmort and 11 others like this.
  3. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    What wonderful perceptions of the living history of the people of our cars and our Company - thank you Marcel.

Themaven, tritone, BigTex and 2 others like this.
  4. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Godspeed....

5. 4re328gts

4re328gts Rookie

Mar 11, 2018
    USA
    Full Name:
    Scott Mitchell

Attached Files:

6. 4re328gts

4re328gts Rookie

Mar 11, 2018
    USA
    Full Name:
    Scott Mitchell
    I was with Oscar in Modena, Italy on October 10th. He told me he was looking forward to Amelia Island. I told him we would see each other there. Unfortunately it didn’t happen. Rest In Peace, my friend

7. Birel

Birel Formula 3

Sep 12, 2005
    Brisbane
    Full Name:
    Andrew Turner
    Too young to pass. RIP.