Owners, and perceptions of owners - why are you here on fchat? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Owners, and perceptions of owners - why are you here on fchat?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by daytona355, Sep 2, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I stopped going to the F1 section a few years ago.
    Used to go there all the time.
    The Hamiltion hatred was depressing.

BOKE and paulchua like this.
  2. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I agree, but it is grown as the culture from the constant and staggering amount of baiting and trolling done by his fans who might be better served prancing around on a Mercedes or Lewis fan site if they love him so much, rather than trying to convert Ferrari tifosi with mind numbingly boring made up statistics and other crap about their number one lady

kes7u likes this.
  3. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    You did read he didn't like the "Hamilton hatred" didn't you? Yet your response blames the Hamilton fans for creating the "Hamilton hatred". That's a rather convoluated rationale. :cool:

Boomhauer, BOKE and LightGuy like this.
  4. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    #54 LightGuy, Sep 10, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Bingo.
    Some see it others dont.
    Those consumed with Hami hate "missed" the very best year of F1 in this rookie driver's and Mclaren's battle with Ferrari to the very end. I say that as an F1 fan not a team or driver fan. 100 years from now the 2007 season will be considered "The Best Ever". I have followed a bunch. Just watch.

Either way Hamilton and/or Ferrari fans can take care of themselves on the F1 board.
    I'm gone.

BOKE likes this.
  5. 4_Eff_Sake

4_Eff_Sake Formula Junior

Jul 30, 2016
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Scott
    ^^^
    This

clonmeliw and daytona355 like this.
  6. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    What is "IT"?

7. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I am not a lifelong Tifosi. I have only owned my Ferrari since December 2017, and was never a Ferrari fanatic prior to that. I know and understand that the Moderators encourage all to contribute to the F1 forum. But from a relative outsider, it is crazy the level of baiting, taunting and trolling from Mercedes and Hamilton fans on the F1 section. Leading to exaggerated responses from extremely emotional, lifelong Tifosi as they obviously anticipate. Is this not clear to everyone?

I know this place is not everywhere else, but I don't believe that kind of behavior would be tolerated on other makes' forums. Perhaps I'm wrong.

And yes, I hate Lewis Hamilton now. But aren't I supposed to? When Max V starts kicking our butts routinely, I will hate him too. Even more so if, like Hamilton, he behaves so flamboyantly away from the track. (Unlikely) I don't care for that at all. Why is that a problem?

Kevin

daytona355 likes this.
  8. jab458

jab458 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2019
    SF Bay Area, California
    Full Name:
    John Berg
    #58 jab458, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2019
    i came for the community, which i thought, was primarily about learning of, supporting and celebrating this fabulous marque. i came because i am finally living a dream; to own a car of my dreams. i came because i wanted to share that enthusiasm as well as learn from the huge well of knowledge that exists here.

i am, most likely, going to leave soon, however. i had no idea that Fchat is, in my opinion [so right leaning ***deleted P&R comments***]

i didn't know the Ferrari community leaned this way so heavily. i have nothing against you; i just choose not to keep company.

be well, everyone.

9. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #59 ylshih, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    We don't allow those comments anywhere except the P&R section. We can set your permissions so you don't see the P&R section if you make that request.

10. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

Really? You can’t see that they built up a poor atmosphere in the f1 thread by their constant Elton love? When they don’t post, everyone gets along, when they start posting about how the enemy of ferrari is so great, people say, no, he isn’t, and they start their whole baiting business. We rise to it, unfortunately, but if they were in a place dedicated to loving Elton, or had a thread to themselves when they want to discuss certain things, like we have race threads, qualy threads, threads about Williams etc, then maybe that wouldn’t be so in your face. However, they insist on creating mayhem, and them reporting every post as though they are being beaten up behind the bike sheds

kes7u likes this.
  11. kes7u

kes7u Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2017
    Shorewood, MN
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    You cannot associate with someone not of your political persuasion? Wow. That does say a lot. And explains a lot. About everything.

I try to not follow politics, and quickly explain to everyone I meet that I do not wish to discuss politics or know their place on the political spectrum.

When did politics become the overriding factor in everyones' lives? Sad and pathetic.

Kevin

Borrow’d Mine and Gizzi like this.
  12. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

I didn’t miss it, I was cheering for Kimi and massa all the way through 2007, and against McLaren, and I particularly loved Alonso sticking it to Ron by preventing Elton getting enough points to win, as if you knew what I do about Ron Dennis and Alonso, you would probably be amazed he stayed a season!

13. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I will put the enthusiasm and knowledge of an active FerrariChat user against anyone. Sometimes I hear complaints about the noise or trolls, but for those that can filter that and know how to use the value of FerrariChat, they will be a much better Ferrari owner.

14. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    #64 ylshih, Sep 11, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019
    Don't make Peter's mistake of thinking that disagreeing with you means I'm being obtuse.

Here's a longtime Fchat user and Ferrari owner telling you the Hamilton hatred, that you contribute to, pushed him out of the F1 forum and you can't be self-critical enough to accept that your behavior might be over the top, but instead deflect any shred of responsibility?

We've heard your and Peter's argument ad nauseum and repeat our answer they're allowed to post, if they stick to drivers, teams and races. That is not going to change no matter how much you complain. Because it grates on you is your problem. When it becomes the mods' problem is when you take it on yourself to "police" their postings, that contributes to the "poor atmosphere", at which point you EARN the numerous moderation actions taken against you.

15. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    Ferrarichat

G. Pepper likes this.
  16. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    I'm thinking Information & Technology. Where's the IT forum?! lol

LARRYH likes this.
  17. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I don’t expect anything else Yin, as I said before. That doesn’t stop my right to have my opinion of the causes even if you think the opposite. That’s the beauty of a forum of minds, we all have a take on things

Forza Ferrari..... the only racing team and car marque that matters. Italia forever It’s easier to apologise than it is to ask permission

18. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    And yet, it's 100% correct

daytona355 likes this.
  19. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Brilliant!

daytona355 and kes7u like this.
  20. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I've been here forever for good friends, drives, and technical information. Despite the drama, there were some good threads and rivalry years ago. Now things are on a more deftly controlled cruise and the site feels more inclusive.

jm2 and rob lay like this.
  21. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    more inclusive? In what way?

22. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    To me it seems a general improvement in attitude towards non-owners, openness to other automotive discussion, and a much larger separation for P&R related issues in sub-forums. Rewind a decade and it was a smaller group dominating the conversation. Without going through post data of active users, those that are active today have less of an agenda.

23. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Cool.... thanks for elaborating. I think you are right, lots more diverse content here these days

JaguarXJ6 likes this.
  24. Zanny1

Zanny1 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 19, 2003
    Arizona
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Bought my first Ferrari in 1987 - a beater 308 GT4. Have had 9 cars since. Always a learning experience.
    Joined this site in 2003 in order to learn more about the cars and enjoy the people who frequent this site.
    I belong to 3 other classic vehicle websites. This one is the best in terms of people, ease of use, and humor. If you want a dose of arrogance and pompous behavior, just go over to the corvette forum. I have never encountered that sort of attitude here. For the most part, Fchat members are genuine, educated, diverse in opinion, and reasonably courteous. That's all one could ask for in a forum.

wax, jm2, JaguarXJ6 and 1 other person like this.
  25. ginoBBi512

ginoBBi512 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Oct 9, 2016
    SO CAL
    Full Name:
    GINO RUGGIERO
    Its a pretty cool forum here, I enjoy adding or replying when I think its right. I dont care about F1 anymore, its never going to return to " the good old days" and as SV said. " we should bring back the V12s ! " MOTO GP is so much more exciting , its that simple . I like to see the pics of the modded 3x8 motors, I also look at the classifieds now and again to see what Im up against lol . When I see the new 3x8 owners post , it reminds me about when I first bought my car and started my 20 year love affair. I frown upon the folks who have multi million dollar Ferraris who solely own them to trailer them to car shows so they can see how many awards they can accumulate, Ferraris are meant to be driven, not judged. Its a shame that I never see any F40 s or F50s on the road, let alone a 275 GTB 4 CAM. Most of all, I still cant get enough of looking at everyones 3x8s pictures on here .

Thank you

daytona355 likes this.