Owners Forum is "Active" | FerrariChat

Owners Forum is "Active"

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by eyeman1234, Apr 16, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Any owners who don't know this... and who believe there have been "no posts in the last 365 days"?? It lives- and you have been mistaken. This has happened to the best of us!
    Secret space can't talk about it (First Rule)

2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    That really does not give me the motivation to jump thru all the hoops to join :)

3. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Just trying to be informative, my friend.

4. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    This

5. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Well said.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

6. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Oh yeah. It's tons of hoops. Like actually having to meet three other Fchatters in real life and share your car passion with them. Wow, such hardship. I don't know how anyone could endure such a thing.

The owners' forum is one of the best parts of this site. Maybe it's best that so many people think that it's such an inconvenience.

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  7. Lotaz

Lotaz Formula 3

Nov 18, 2016
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I have yet to meet any FChatters nor own a Ferrari so at this point those are BIG hurdles.

8. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    ha! Fair enough.

In the case of the Owner's forum, people's sense of entitlement seems to prevent them from meaningful social interaction. Being an owner is much more than having a paper title. If you have a true passion for Ferrari, you will seek out others and build relationships with your local club and dealership. The owner's forum is just an extension of that. It's purpose is to bring people together. If you don't want to jump through hoops to meet other people, it wasn't for you in the first place.

NeuroBeaker likes this.
  9. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    I'm pretty much a recluse anyway, have seen at least 3 local members ( or their cars ) at the local cars and coffee. One who sells big garages with houses was pretty engaged in conversation at the time so did not bother talking with him.
    I even dropped my FCA membership, I use a Indy mechanic.
    We don't have that many events compared to other regions (weather ?) and I don't drink wine.

10. Booker

Booker Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Miami 2018

Aug 1, 2016
    Dallas, Tx
    Full Name:
    Jack Booker
    Yes, sometimes the locals are an acquired taste to say the least. I'm sure there are more like you tho, should you ever want to start your own, dare I say rival gang? maybe that's too far, but seek and ye shall find

11. Vetsky

Vetsky Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Montreal
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    Why can't I just send a copy of my registration?

Seems like a hassle.

12. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    +1 I have met enough local F-Chatters (also owners) to qualify, but don't wish to impose on them to "vouch" for me.

13. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I asked many times for people to meet up at large ferrari events in the uk to do a mass application to join the owners forum, never had a single taker wanting to me up to do so. It's a shame, but that's the UK for you, we are not the friendly bumbling Hugh grant figures that the movies make you think, more like Alan Rickman in Die Hard

Nospinzone likes this.
  14. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I would take less of both of those and more of Elizabeth Hurley but that's just me...

daytona355 likes this.
  15. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Me too, Liz is lovely, especially as the naughty devil in Bedazzled......... what a way to wear a maid outfit

16. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    #16 eyeman1234, May 2, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. gmonsen

gmonsen Karting

Jan 24, 2004
    Near Bethlehem, PA
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    I'm on my second Ferrari and have never gone through the process to be admitted to the owners section, though I have talked to other owners at Cars & Coffee and similar events. I am thinking about it, but it feels a bit socially awkward to be talking to someone and then blurt out at some point, "oh, by the way, can you vouch for my ownership on Fchat." And, while I love pre-2000 Ferraris a lot, I also love certain other marques I own nearly or as much.

18. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Maybe we need hats or T-shirts that say Fchat? Or a secret code like a hat left on your dash means you Fchat!

19. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Oh damn Sid, you just blew Hollywood's carefully crafted perception of you blokes. :D

daytona355 likes this.
  20. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    People here who I respect say good things about the owners' forum. Meeting Ferrari owners who are also Fchatters, to abide by the T&Cs, may be simple in Fchat's homeland, the USA, but not elsewhere. Ferrari owners are a rare species anywhere and when you x that with Fchatters in the ROW...I own five Ferraris, write about them in the mainstream media, have great admiration and regard for Fchat, am the editorial director of the Official Ferrari Magazine, know Ferrari and its people pretty well, review their cars on a regular basis, have my Ferraris serviced by an official service/dealer in London, have been written about by them, and still, the hoops to get certified for the owners' forum are too much for me. But I'm sure I'll get there one day...meanwhile, the other forums/fora here are good enough.

daytona355 likes this.
  21. stretchgeneral

stretchgeneral Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 9, 2014
    MA/TX
    Full Name:
    McK
    You can also get into the Owner's Forum by having an official sponsor of FC send in a message vouching for you. In my case, Ferrari of Denver, was more than happy to do it.

22. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I don't have any desire to be in there. It would be easy to get verification. It just doesn't matter, but that's just me. Not a knock on anyone else.

23. Glassman

Glassman F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Gaining access is not hard at all. Once in ....its a snooze fest.
    I will never return.

24. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I checked out of Silver a long time ago. I got on this site to learn about Ferrari's. Also to talk about them, help others, and check out cars. I didn't join to engage in, to me, useless chatter.

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    might be useless to you, but there are 1.2 million posts in Silver, so I wouldn't generally call it useless.