P.P.I. Caveat Emptor | FerrariChat

P.P.I. Caveat Emptor

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by darth550, Mar 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Well as we all know, a PPI is a MUST when considering a car (of any make) online. I just got word that a friend of mine was nearly taken to the cleaners by a dealer in Long Island, New York. (Not sure if I should mention the name of the shiny shirted salesman yet) Anyhow when he got there to view his (would be) new baby, what he DID see was about as disturbing as anything he could ever imagine.

Caution...this is disturbing. Here are the photos:

2. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I'd be very concerned that the Diplomat actually had the genuine "Corinthian" leather before I proceeded any further.

Is the second car with the Benz hubcap and "American Motors" product

3. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Nice, very exclusive. Someone of course stole the shields. Upgraded hubcaps are always a nice touch on the euro version. Did he get the deposit back or is in a East African bank?

4. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    True. The Euro caps are what did it for him in the first place....a rare option as it turns out.

DL

5. atheyg

atheyg Guest

The MB hubcap doubles the value of the car.

I thought the Cordoba had the Corinthian leather? Wheres Ricardo when you need him?

Is that the special Rust Edition?