Paging Peloton25- Looking for Driving Ambition | FerrariChat

Paging Peloton25- Looking for Driving Ambition

Discussion in 'British' started by a8guy, Dec 11, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. a8guy

a8guy Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Given you are the local McLaren F1 expert- I was wondering if you knew of a source where I could get a copy of Driving Ambition for less that $199.
    I have had a copy for I'm guessing close to a decade- and wanted to buy one for a friends birthday- however - Amazon prices star at $300- eBay @ $200 - for used ones. I'm guessing I am SOL and will just have to pony up the money- but was wondering if they are intending to reprint it? If I can find a copy possibly at the local Barnes and Noble. Your insight is appreciated

Kind Regards

David

2. js430

js430 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Jerry Kahane
    Even if B&N or Borders don't have it in stock, you should be able to order it for less than $200 these days. Shipping on orders over $25 is free. And they have holiday specials going on with 50% off if you sign up to be a member. You get the discounts via coupons that they email to you. No cost, no obligation, no brainer. Whereabouts are you? Good luck.

Peloton,
    sorry to butt in. I am sure you will have a lot more useful info. :)

3. a8guy

a8guy Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
  4. a8guy

a8guy Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    good find- thanks!

5. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Even at $300, its worth it. I should have bought that copy i found in some random bookshop for $45 a few years back

Oh well. I've got my "beater" copy and another copy thats signed by David Clark

6. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Heh, sold mine on ebay about two weeks ago for $100. Really nice shape too.

I also have the really rare edition, but glad it didn't sell.

7. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    keep checking Amazon's used books. I bought mine last year for $40 in perfect condition. It's an awesome book!

8. gregh

gregh Karting

Dec 7, 2004
    Farnborough, Hants
    Full Name:
    Greg Hurst
    There's one on Ebay UK for £30 - better be very quick though........

9. Frips_Girl

Frips_Girl Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2007
    SoCal & TO
    Full Name:
    Annetta
    I just went through searching for this book a couple months ago.
    I found that the prices on Amazon were ridiculous, and had an awful experience with one potential seller. eBay is a great place to start, but make sure to check all of eBay, not just eBay UK or eBay North America, but all of the various sections. But if you want a brand new copy of Driving Ambition, delivered right to your door within a very reasonable time, you can't beat www.mclarenshop.com. The copy you will receive is brand new, never opened and shrink wrapped, so you even get the poster that comes with the book... And the prices are still cheaper than what people on Amazon are selling used, beat up versions for.

10. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    I bought mine from Automobilia Collectibles (formerly Wine Valley Diecast) a couple years back. Check if they have another copy - (707) 251-1555

11. Kieran

Kieran F1 Rookie

Jul 23, 2006
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Kieran
  12. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    That is the one book I never want to sell.