Paint Codes

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by earMike, Jan 1, 2004.

  1. earMike

    earMike Rookie

    Jan 1, 2004
    I am a new owner of an '83 308 QV. A few spots are in need of touch-up. The color is Rosso Rubino Metallizzato. I cannot find a paint code sticker in the engine compartment. Any suggestions for ordering touch-up paint?
  2. To remove this ad click here.

  3. Dave

    Dave F1 Rookie

    Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    The paint code should be on the sticker located on the underside of the rear bonnet.
    I'm not sure as to the code,
    as Rosso Rubino was listed as a 1975 - 1979 color.
    Even if you can find the code, I would just go to a pro paint store and have them do a computer color match of your car as it is today, not what color it was 21 years ago before any paint fade.
    Then have them mix up how ever much you need.
  4. f355spider

    f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

    May 29, 2001
    Russo Rubino was available on the QV, as I have seen it on fellow member Gary Reeds former 83 QV.

    The most common place to get touch-up paint is at, but checking several different years of Ferraris shows they do not carry that one. It is a rare color, probably less than 2% of production was that color, so you will probably have to get the paint number and have a body shop mix it for you. As mentioned, a little custom tinting may be in order as well. If you have the paint code, perhaps paintscratch will make a bottle up for you.

    There are a couple ways to match it, computer method, or using color chips with a hole punched through it. You then take the chip and place it over your car to match it up.
  5. fly

    fly Karting

    Nov 20, 2003
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:

    Try one of these sites.
    I think the first site may help, but I added the other two for others who may have similar questions:

    Good luck.


Share This Page